Re: Colonel Bubba

  • geneiak
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
      Col. Bubbie's Strand Surplus Senter
      2202 Strand
      Galveston, Tx 77550
      409-762-7397

      this is an old card in my rolodex-
      i know it has been there a while-
      so might not be current number-
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
      <sylvia@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a website for this guy? Or a phone #? I can't
      locate
      > him anymore. Maybe I am not remembering the name correctly. I'm
      > looking for a Sam Brown belt.
      >
      > Sylvia

    • geneiak
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
        Sylvia,
        I had forgotten all about the problems I had with that company. I
        stopped using him years ago after $2000 worth of some "not at all
        what we wanted" items returned that were never credited to the
        account. I have had good luck with Kaufman's and also Some's Uniform
        in NY. I ordered a Sam Browne belt from Some's just last January. You
        can find them online. They have a special phone line for theatre, tv
        and movies.

        There is also
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl McCarron
        <nycfabricfinder@...> wrote:

        > Sylvia,
        > The Colonel is Strand Surplus in Texas. Be careful using this
        guy. His stuff is great - if you get what you asked for. The Better
        Business Bureau website has many complaints about him and I have had
        problems with him myself. He often sends stuff that isn't at all
        what you requested and then returning the items and getting a refund
        is problematic. Most of my costume designer friends have stopped
        using him, as have I. If you do want to use him, the number is (409)
        762-7397. E-mail: colbubbie@...

        > A resource I usually use is Kaufmann's Army Navy in New York. The
        owner is extremely knowledgable and can get just about anything. They
        also rent items and are used to working with theatre and film
        companies. Their number is (212) 757-5670. Website -
        www.kaufmannsarmynavy.com.