9584Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for...

  • sally
    Sep 11 12:50 PM
      If Wal*art has the proper material in the wrong color, grab the name
      of the fabric (if it has one) and the manufacturer from the end of
      the bolt and do a Google search. If they're still making it, it's
      possible someone still has some in black. No guarantees but it has
      worked before.

      --Sally

      > I bought it originally at WalMart--black nubuck Fashion Leather, with
      > a tooled pattern embossed on it. Has anybody seen this anywhere
      > recently? I've checked three different WalMart stores in my area
      > looking for it...they've got black nubuck with a 'natural' finish, and
      > they've got a couple of shades of brown nubuck with the tooled
      > finish...but I can't find the black tooled finish. There are four
      > more stores within reasonable driving distance (since I've had very
      > little luck calling the stores to ask about it...a lot of the people
      > working the fabric sections aren't familiar enough with their stock to
      > be able to answer questions about whether or not that particular
      > material is in stock)...
      >
      > I'm just working on the 'bird in the hand' principle here...still
      > hoping to find it locally, but I'd like to have a fall-back plan in
      > case the trail goes cold on me. Thanks, all!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic