786Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] rental for Tintantic.....help, I can't find it!!

  • Julia Logan Trimarco
    Mar 7, 2002
      >From: "ljsimcox" <ljsimcox@...>
      >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] rental for Tintantic.....help, I can't
      >find it!!
      >Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:53:48 -0000
      >
      >Hi....
      >
      >I am a costume designer looking for information on where to rent a
      >set of costumes for a summer production of Tintantic the musical for
      >an equity muscial theatre.
      >I have checked quite a few of the national rental houses in the US
      >and Canada with no luck. I know the show is not that old, and that is
      >probably my main problem.
      >Does anyone know if a university or regional theatre has built this
      >show and has it in stock for rental? It doesn't matter where, really,
      >just that the quality is high.
      >The reason why I need to rent it is that we don't have time to build
      >and maintain quality at the same time. I also don't have time to
      >piece-meal it from several places.
      >Any suggestions would be welcome......I appreciate your time!
      >
      >Laura Simcox

      You say you don't have time "piece-meal" it, but just in case you find you
      have no choice, some other shows of the same period that rental houses may
      have are "My Fair Lady", or some pieces of "Ragtime" might be appropriate.
      From 1900 to 1912 (the latter when the Titanic sank) there were significant
      changes in women's clothing, but not so much in men's, so menswear from
      "Hello Dolly", or "Our Town" might work. For your "First Class" passengers,
      clothing must be up to date, for your "Steerage", anything from 1900 on
      would be fine (costumes from Oscar Wilde or Chekov plays)
      There is a website for a company called "Costume World" (I think) you might
      try. Also, Seaside Music Theater in Daytona Beach, has a large stock they
      rent out, I believe they have a website. Also Dodger has a site, based out
      of Long Island.
      Good Luck!