7857Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] pleating question

  • Jenn
    Aug 7, 2006
      Alexa said:

      >DH threw me out of the house and I have a studio in an old building in
      >downtown Dayton. DS is an art major and shares the space with me!

      Oh, how lovely! Space! How do you keep mice out of your wool? & other
      fabrics... &, heaven forfend, wool moths! Sometimes, I think a fire is
      the only thing that works for them. A bit extreme.

      > Hey, I already have a Border Collie
      >(mix) who desperately needs something to herd. All she has now is two cats.

      You could also spin her hair & down. Get hand-held wool combs [i.e.
      Viking Combs] to separate the 2 coats. The guard hair is strong & can
      be used as guimpe, while the down may be carded & fluffed into knitting
      yarns... or tons of uses. Light, fluffy, full of air. Makes one
      delightfully warm in that old building you're in!

      >http://www.mytwindressforms.com/doit.htm

      Hmmm. Will see if our local sewing shop will schedule a video
      presentation & workshop. That would be wonderful.
      I've done the duct tape double, but don't like it. The foam would have
      made a difference, as would a stand. I really like the brown paper tape
      double from Threads article. Now, to just find someone to help. My
      hubby RUNS the other way. <G>

      Now, I just have to be well long enough to DO something!

      Jennifer Hill
      Regia Anglorum:
      When the 21st C isn't Enough!

      Ælfgifu
      Cynn Readheort

      Today may be all sunshine, but God is more surely in the Night
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic