7847Re: pouncing?

  • michelenokleby
    Aug 6, 2006
      Pouncing is the process of marking sewing lines, cutting lines, pleat
      lines or whatever by tapping the fabric with a "pounce". I have one
      that is simply a couple layers of hosiery with a handful of cornstarch
      bound within. If you fold a pattern piece say, along a dart line, and
      tap the pounce along the line, a lovely temporary line is created that
      brushes out easily wwhen the project is complete. If you have talc or
      cornstarch in your cupboard, make a pounce. I promise you'll like
      using it!
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic