7829Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] pleating question

  • Jenn
    Aug 3, 2006
      Thanks bunches, Alexa. I'd forgotten about these pages. I also have
      sewing books of different types...
      I'm a handspinner & weaver & have finally decided that I want to
      actually wear what I make, BUT, I do not want to look like I just walked
      out wearing my curtains! I'm barely beginning to learn how to make a
      sloper & to actually design. It is astounding what I DON'T know! <G>
      I didn't grow up sewing, failed home-ec... bleck. Took up sewing when
      I took up the Middle Ages. Now, it is Civil War, but, I really want to
      learn more about creating a line of clothing which will reflect who I am
      & will look well on me. Should be an interesting trip. Unfortunately,
      there isn't a school of fashion design anywhere near.
      Jennifer

      --

      Jennifer Hill
      Regia Anglorum:

      Ælfgifu
      Cynn Readheort

      Today may be all sunshine, but God is more surely in the Night
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic