7824Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] pleating question

  • Sally
    Aug 2, 2006
      I've used binder clips to hold things until I could nail them down
      one way or the other (in fabric anyway), if that's any help. Those
      black clips that have "ears" you fold back to open them with, in case
      you call them something else - apparently they're also called bulldog
      clips. The little ones are usually enough, but if the material is
      heavy, perhaps medium-sized ones would work.

      --Sally, who uses sticky plastic wrap as template material for
      pouncing, too, so maybe I'm not the best one to ask.

      On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:22 PM, Jenn wrote:

      > I am currently working on a length of cotton for a Civil War
      > skirt. I'm
      > making knife pleats & gathering certain numbers of pleats by needle &
      > thread. Is there a clamp that would be useful in holding the pleats
      > until one gets to an iron?
      > --
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic