7823Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] pleating question

  • Alexadbw@aol.com
    Aug 3, 2006
      In a message dated 8/2/2006 10:52:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      aelfgifu@... writes:

      . Is there a clamp that would be useful in holding the pleats
      until one gets to an iron?

      I have to admit, my first thought was a snarky one !LOL. DUH, pins maybe!

      Seriously, though. I have found the black paper clips you can get in the
      office supply department or store very useful, especially with pleats.

      I have also used them along with wooden yard sticks as a sort of clapper to
      set pleats.
      After steam ironing the pleat, use the clamps to hold 2 yardsticks,one on
      either side of the pleat ( the edge of the pleat is centered in the sticks) and
      clip them all together until completely cooled. It is the cooling process,
      that sets the pleat,not the ironing!
      Hope this helps!
      Alexa