7816Re: Bustle gown

  • serenpoly
    Jul 28, 2006
      Fiddly but easy. Everything I've ever done from Truly Victorian has
      gone together directly and simply, which is to say that their pattern
      drafting and grading is first-class. But (of course) if you're doing
      Victorian, it's elaborate and different than today's cut. I'd rate
      their patterns at about a 3 to 4, certainly no more _difficult_ than
      a commercial pattern from the fabric store.

      They have a period fitting protocol, which works beautifully - use
      it! And remember that it'll feel somewhat different when finished
      than you're used to since the cut is different than you're used to,
      regardless of the different under- and shape-wear (ie, corsetry and
      bustle) which are essential to the look.

      -- Emc^2

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Sith" <Sithvixen@...>
      wrote:

      > How would you rate their patterns - easy to use? Difficult to use?
      >
      > On a scale of 1-10 what do you rate their projects in in terms of
      > difficulty? (skill) 1 being easy 10 being really hard.
      >
      > Just curious. I love their stuff but I've never tried it.
      >
      > Kristen

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic