778Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] rental for Tintantic.....help, I can't find it!!

  • theresa b
    Mar 2, 2002
      If you have the time and access to NYC head to Helen Uffner vintage
      clothing. I interned there last year and can attest that she has more than
      anough period clothes to costume the whole show. However, budget wise this
      may not be feasible since this is real vintage and priced as such. But you
      wouldn't have to build anything.

      theresa who usually lurks

      >From: "ljsimcox" <ljsimcox@...>
      >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] rental for Tintantic.....help, I can't
      >find it!!
      >Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:53:48 -0000
      >I am a costume designer looking for information on where to rent a
      >set of costumes for a summer production of Tintantic the musical for
      >an equity muscial theatre.
      >I have checked quite a few of the national rental houses in the US
      >and Canada with no luck. I know the show is not that old, and that is
      >probably my main problem.
      >Does anyone know if a university or regional theatre has built this
      >show and has it in stock for rental? It doesn't matter where, really,
      >just that the quality is high.
      >The reason why I need to rent it is that we don't have time to build
      >and maintain quality at the same time. I also don't have time to
      >piece-meal it from several places.
      >Any suggestions would be welcome......I appreciate your time!
      >Laura Simcox

      I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl