7135Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for help with armor

  • Theresa Roden
    Dec 8, 2005
      Check to see if you have SCA folks in your area, they might have some good ideas for you.

      Theresa R.

      lanorte1@... wrote:
      I'm in search of some armor (preferably leather, but metal would probably be
      alright) for a production happening in July. Naturally, I don't have a large
      budget to work with (about $1200 to costume 28 characters [I know, go ahead
      and laugh]). Can anyone offer any suggestions for inexpensive rentals or
      inexpensive/fairly simple ideas for making it? I don't want to use the thin, cheap
      plastic stuff (ala Halloween costumes) as our audience is very close to the
      stage.

      Another possibility I'm working on is trying to find some cheap football
      shoulder pads on ebay, but not much luck so far. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

      Donna

      Yahoo! Groups Links