7108Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] working at fashion shoot

  • Melissa
    Dec 4, 2005
      expect to hurry up and wait. From my experience in this type of work they
      want it yesterday then you wait for hours sometimes before anything happens.
      It is fun but it is exhausting and as far as creativity goes there is not
      much satisfaction there. You are the runner as an assistant, you will
      probably have to do alot of running around, placing wardrobe in rooms,
      picking up after the day is done and maybe laundering. I dont know what
      your particular shoot will be like but I would say as I said in the
      beginning expect to hurry up and wait alot! But pay is decent and usually
      you have meals on set which you dont have to pay for.

      > ALOHA: I am a theater costumer on the small island of Kauai. I have been
      > contacted to work as a wardrobe assistant for a catalog fashion shoot from a
      > big NYC department store. I know alot about costuming, quick changes and
      > emergency safety pin repairs, but I must admit I've never done this sort of
      > thing before. I will be working for the stylist and his assistant. These
      > will be mostly Male models for their spring/summer catolog.
      > ANY hints out there on what will be expected of me, what supplies I should
      > bring and what is normal pay for this (they are paying $175 daily, with long
      > days and three evening shoots for about two weeks, one day off in the
      > middle). It sounds fun, but exhausting - would appreciate any heads up I
      > could get from you all. Thanks. Poppy on Kauai
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic