6847Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jewels

  • neci1952@aol.com
    Sep 3, 2005
      I've made fifty girls dance costumes with tutus. I have all the bodices cut
      and sewed together--been working all summer on them--now I'm ready to cut and
      make the bottoms pieces that goes with the tops. This thing goes off in
      January, last year I was still putting hems in almost up to curtain time, I machine
      them with a quarter inch turn up AND THEY LOOKED GREAT. But I didn't like the
      way the hems pulled down the netting under them. So my question is Were can I
      buy one of these hot knife tools that I hear everyone talking about to cut
      and set the hems in dance costumes and what is the name of the tool so that I
      can go and buy it at a reasonable price? And do ya'll think that I'm on the
      right track or is there any thing else that I can do that would made this go
      quicker and look better any feedback would be great as I'm doing this all by
      myself. THANK YOU