6845Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jewels

  • Costume Gallery
    Sep 3, 2005
      Heat Set jewels are wonderful. I mail ordered them from Creative
      Crystal along with the heating tool. I first used them 4 years ago on
      a princess dress. I applied them to sheer lace and netting, without
      any buning. The crystals have survived multiple washing. I have also
      used them on shoes and nude netting.

      I have 2 heat tools so one is heating while I'm using the other. Many
      professionals use this product on costumes that are worn repeatedly,
      through amusement park shows. These are worth using. The price is not
      outrageous.

      Creative Crystal Co.
      6222 Tower Ln. Suite B-7
      Sarasota, FL 34240
      800-578-0716
      www.creative-cryatal.com

      On Sep 1, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Cat Devereaux wrote:

      >>> We haven't yet used the heat-set jewels, as we can't get them here
      > and hesitate to do a mail order and find out they don't
      > work.
      >
      > Well, the new ones by Swarovski have the glue issues solved... The
      > entertainment industries out in LA have taken to the Swarovski by
      > storm and
      > this includes the, ah, dancers who need to laundry their stuff all the
      > time.
      >
      > The other brands are still having issues. Berger Beads in downtown LA
      > are
      > now carrying these kind exclusively.
      >

      >>> Besides, we tend to use a lot of very heat-sensitive fabrics,
      > so not sure they would accept heat-setting.
      >
      > True that would soooooooo melt things. These heat set jewels are set
      > by the
      > same type of soldering iron with changeable tips that you can use for
      > a hot
      > knife. You just order another set of tips.... don't even new a new
      > tool.
      >
      > But, yes... would melt nylon type fabrics. Though I've seen these
      > used on
      > silks.
      >

      > Then again... this is why we do little things like have dozens of
      > tool, and
      > a couple of dozen glues... because we always want the right thing for
      > the
      > job.... we love our toys.
      >
      > -Cat-
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links