      From: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pierre &
      Sandy Pettinger
      Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:09 PM
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Recommendations for iron?

      We like Rowentas. They have given us good service, though we have
      killed 3
      so far - but two of them were by dropping them point-first on a concrete

      floor (not intentionally, really!! <g>). The other one lasted for about
      5
      years, then finally got so it would turn off randomly (not the
      auto-shut-off) and then not restart for a while. The workhorse we had
      before the Rowentas was a Black and Decker, but I believe their quality
      now
      is not as good as it was then. HTH.

      Sandy

      At 11:52 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
      >I've been wanting to get a high quality iron for a while. The local
      >Jo-Ann's had an unadvertised sale on irons so I rather impulsively
      picked
      >up a Rowenta PowerGlide 2 (for about $50). Hitting epinions.com I see
      >that some folks have serious complaints about Rowenta's service. I
      know
      >that there are a lot of really experienced folks on this list and if
      >anyone would know about irons, it'd be you. I may just return this
      iron
      >to Jo-Ann's.
      >
      >Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality iron under $75 that
      >will last for years?
      >
      >Spidra Webster
      ><http://www.spidra.com>http://www.spidra.com

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History