6632Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Recommendations for iron?

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Jul 6 9:08 PM
      We like Rowentas. They have given us good service, though we have killed 3
      so far - but two of them were by dropping them point-first on a concrete
      floor (not intentionally, really!! <g>). The other one lasted for about 5
      years, then finally got so it would turn off randomly (not the
      auto-shut-off) and then not restart for a while. The workhorse we had
      before the Rowentas was a Black and Decker, but I believe their quality now
      is not as good as it was then. HTH.

      Sandy

      At 11:52 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
      >I've been wanting to get a high quality iron for a while. The local
      >Jo-Ann's had an unadvertised sale on irons so I rather impulsively picked
      >up a Rowenta PowerGlide 2 (for about $50). Hitting epinions.com I see
      >that some folks have serious complaints about Rowenta's service. I know
      >that there are a lot of really experienced folks on this list and if
      >anyone would know about irons, it'd be you. I may just return this iron
      >to Jo-Ann's.
      >
      >Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality iron under $75 that
      >will last for years?
      >
      >Spidra Webster
      ><http://www.spidra.com>http://www.spidra.com

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History