6140Re: Making a fat suit

  • serenpoly
    Feb 1, 2005
      Buy a large-cup bra and attach it over the rest of the suit. Stuff
      cups with foam scraps. If you care about what it looks like, cover
      with another t-shirt.

      When we had one of Cinderella's Ugly Stepsisters in a fat suit at our
      outdoors-in-the-summer-in-San-Bernardino-CA theater, she nearly died
      from the heat every night. If you aren't dealing with 110-degree
      days, it may not be a problem for you, but if it is, remember to
      provide plenty of water (small fragments of ice to suck on slowly are
      also good), and maybe a cool place backstage for your actor when
      he/she's off. Cool water running over the inside of the wrist for a
      minute or two will help carry off excess heat, too.

      We finally had to build pockets _inside_ the suit, and stick Blue Ice
      packs in there to keep her even remotely comfortable... Just be sure
      the Blue Ice doesn't actually touch the actor's skin.

      HTH.

      -- Emc^2

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
      <sylvia@n...> wrote:
      > Thanks to you and Curtis for the info. I guess foam is the way to
      go.
      > Do you know where to buy the really lightweight foam? And what
      about
      > putting boobs in the suit? How would you do that?
      >
      > Sylrog

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic