518Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Corset Advice?

  • Becky's naked email
    Nov 18, 2001
      --- theresa b <trinithree@...> wrote:
      > all this talk o corsets and here I am forgetting I
      > have an order! I am
      > supposed to build a corset/bodice type thing for a
      > little girl (about 12)
      > for a dance concert. The boning needs to be
      > flexible. I was going to use
      > spiral boning (pain to sand and tip the ends) but
      > this swamp cooler hose
      > idea intrigues me. What, and excuse my ignorance,
      > is it and where can i
      > find it?
      >
      > titi

      TiTi

      Go to a hardware store, in the heating and cooling
      section and ask for 1/4" polyethylene tubing.

      You have to remember that this stuff isn't flat, it is
      a tube, so if you are going for a really skimpy look
      instead of a bulkier upholstery fabric like corset,
      this probably isn't for you. Plastic ties, like Tara
      suggested, are flatter.

      I love Home Depot! Just walking around there gives me
      ideas!

      Becky

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic