515Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Corset Advice?

  • Stacey Dunleavy
    Nov 18, 2001
      I have another question about lacing. For some of my
      own corsets, I used "elephant thread." This is a very
      thick leather strip; it's strong and comes in many
      colors. The down side is that it's at least $2 a yard
      and I have to run into NYC for it. Does anyone have
      any other substitute ideas?

      Thanks.

      --- Becky's naked email <beckylee_00@...> wrote:

      > > Can I walk into a Home Depot and ask for this
      > stuff?
      > >
      > > Also, what department would carry it?
      >

      > I would think that Home Depot is the place to go!
      > Just head for the home heating and cooling section
      > and
      > ask for 1/4" polyethylene tubing. Package says it
      > comes in three colors, black, copper and
      > natural...if
      > that matters. You have to create a bit more room
      > for
      > pockets than with normal flat boning, but I don't
      > notice an extremely ridgy look from the outside.
      >
      > I was looking at it today and thinking its a fine
      > material for making bustles and panniers. Stiff and
      > lightweight with the curve retained from being in a
      > coil. I have no idea if you could substitute this
      > stuff for coil/spring boning...its flexible though.
      >

      > Becky

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic