506Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Corset Advice?

  • Becky's naked email
    Nov 16, 2001
      > Can I walk into a Home Depot and ask for this stuff?
      >
      > Also, what department would carry it?

      I would think that Home Depot is the place to go!
      Just head for the home heating and cooling section and
      ask for 1/4" polyethylene tubing. Package says it
      comes in three colors, black, copper and natural...if
      that matters. You have to create a bit more room for
      pockets than with normal flat boning, but I don't
      notice an extremely ridgy look from the outside.

      I was looking at it today and thinking its a fine
      material for making bustles and panniers. Stiff and
      lightweight with the curve retained from being in a
      coil. I have no idea if you could substitute this
      stuff for coil/spring boning...its flexible though.

      Becky

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic