4382Re: Sewing with Velvet - Tips/Tricks?

  • mrbs1163
    Feb 1 4:28 AM
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, K Murphy
      <costumerkate@y...> wrote:
      > Rae:
      >
      > (There are very $$ industrial machines that only have a walking
      foot -- in my experience, that's how the garment industry sews
      velvet).

      I have been working at The Shakespeare Theatre in DC. And for the
      industrials there we have a "velvet foot" it is a little smaller than
      a zipper foot with a hole in the center for the needle, the bottom of
      the foot is shaped in a wedge and pushes the velvet together just on
      the seam line. I love this foot!! Unfortunately, bernina does not
      make one for my machine at home, it seems to be made only for
      industrial machines.

      Maria
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic