3858Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Fabric on Ebay

  • lanorte1@aol.com
    Dec 5, 2003
      In a message dated 12/5/2003 10:14:55 AM Central Standard Time,
      yahoo@... writes:

      > WARNING! Before registering and bidding, you should read
      > http://pages.ebay.com/help/welcome/questions/buy-item.html
      > Also, if you want to shop for something expensive or important, start
      > with a few little buys, to learn the ropes. Remember, if it seems to
      > cheap to be true, it probably isn't true. Many sellers don't know silk
      > from polyester, and some deliberately mislead the buyer. Think about
      > what is NOT mentioned in the Item Description. That often says more
      > than what IS said.
      >
      > Another thing I do if I'm unsure whether I want to deal with a seller is
      > to send a question. If they reply, that's a good sign. If they don't
      > reply, and I'm unsure, I find someone else.
      >
      > Finally, remember that as with dealing with the general public, there
      > are always a few people a seller can't please all the time. I've found
      > that an average of up to 3% complaints in feedback is still okay. Over
      > 5% complaints and I worry. Check the feedback left by the seller on the
      > complainer's feedback (link in the box near the top); be wary of anyone
      > who gets into a "war of words" with complaining buyers.
      >
      > Caveat Emptor! 'Nuff Said.

      Ana:

      I never thought about buying fabric this way, but after reading your posting,
      I'm tempted to give it a try. Thanks for the wonderful advice - very
      informative!

      Donna