2936Re: Victorian Spectacles

  • Alex
    Jul 1, 2003
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Lee"
      <sue.t.lee@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Everyone
      >
      > Glad to have found you!
      >
      > I would like to try and get a pair of victorian style (1850 or
      > thereabouts - not too prissy about dating) spectacles and have a
      set
      > of prescription lenses in them, at the moment I have to take my
      > modern glasses off and risk falling over, or look wrong. I can't do
      > contact lenses - my eyes don't like them.
      >
      > I'm in London, has anyone got any suggestions.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Sue

      Jastown http://www.jastown.com/#catalog does lovely repos of 15th,
      18th and 19th century frames and they are fairly inexpensive, running
      between $25 and $60. You CAN find modern frames that are similar,
      just ask your optician for a small oval or round metal frame with a
      saddle bridge (no nosepads) and they are pretty darn similar to the
      19th cen ones but will usually be a good deal more expensive. Good
      luck!
      Regards,
      Lucia
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic