2281Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] anime costsume

  • Laura O
    Feb 1 4:50 PM

      Dear Contessa,

      This past summer I had a long and intimate relationship with Vash the Stampeed from the Trigun Anime Series.  It was going to be my boyfriends halloween costume and I'm very glad that I started that early.  So I have a little experience with the costumes.  If you ever get a chance to look at his coat, you'd realize what I did, that I was never going to find a pattern like that.  What worked out really well for me was finding a pattern with similar features and modifying it to fit your requirements.  For the Vash coat, I used a windbreaker pattern that had the two important features of the jacket, a stand up collar and a button plaquet.  I'm not familar with the anime you mentioned, I'd love to see a picture and maybe I could offer you a little more advice.  Hope everthing works out for you!

      Laura O.

       Contessa <contessa@...> wrote:

      Ah~! This is it~! But it is rather difficult to find the traditional
      pattern, which I have heard, requires about 10 feet of material. :: cough ::

      my friend wants to make some costumes from anime.  Does anyone have an idea
      where i
      could  find a pattern? or would I just have to make one myself?

      The costume I was thinking about is Eriol Hiirawazaki in his robes ( black
      and blue or red. ) The costume in not too complex...but...

      If you  need a picture, just let me know, I can email
      you one.

      Thanks in advance
      Contessa

      "The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."