12820Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking For satin bias tape

  • Diana Thompson
    Jul 6, 2014
      Look at your local fabric store and/or Wal Mart...., but, you should find satin blanket binding along with the bias tapes and rick racks...you will have to cut in strips as it comes 3" wide, but they usually have a good selection of colours...you may not find yours, but you will always find white and you could dye it. If you cannot find turquoise dye ready made, contact me and I will send you the formula.
      good luck...
      and we have ALL been known to jump in...:)

      M.Diana Thompson

      As A Courtesy To Others... When Forwarding Emails, Please ALWAYS without being reminded,  Delete Sender's Information, And Send  Bcc To Prevent Spam And ID Theft.

      On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM, sara36ddlee@... [TheCostumersManifesto] <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      So I am the kind of person who just jumps into something and sometimes gets stuck on the details later. In this case, I decided to make a dress not realizing that I would need 1/2' bias tape to finish the neck and the armholes. LSS, it's a two tone dress and since it's a satin turquisey in front and black in the back I need two dif colors of bias tape. My first attempt was to make what I need. Unfortunatly, i don't have enough of the fabric for the turqouisey color and rather not use black. Tried Hobby Lobby and my oh so great G Street Fabrics today w/o much luck.  Any other advise?

      Yeah, yeah, other than next time think it through a bit more? LOL.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic