12805Fw: [GBACGCostumers] GBACG Lecture Series starts Sunday, June 29

  • Tara Maginnis
    Jun 25, 2014
      To all those living in the SF Bay Area, this lecturer is the goddess of all things costumical of the 18th Century, especially hair and makeup.  I've attended lots of her lectures and demos at CoCo, and they never fail to teach me new things both practically and historically.  The lecture is not only cheap, but is back to back with a period dance class in the same location operated by PEERS a sister organization.  So if you have a free Sunday in the East Bay, and want to let your 18th Century costume freak flag fly, you should probably go.

      ---Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer Diablo Valley College
      Founder of The Costumer's Manifesto Wiki at http://thecostumersmanifesto.com
      Design Portfolio at http://TaraMaginnis.com Class Photos at http://TaraMaginnisClasses.Shutterfly.com
      Buy my DVD-Rom Teaching series on Theatrical Makeup at http://www.theatricaldesign.com/makeup/

      On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:53 PM, "dborlase@... [GBACGCostumers]" <GBACGCostumers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Greetings all!  For those who don't yet know, we are hosting our first EVER lecture this coming Sunday!  Kendra Van Cleeve is going to teach us about fashionable hairstyles for men & women from 1700-1799 in France, England and the American colonies.

      Where:
      The Elks Lodge
      2255 Santa Clara Ave.
      Alameda, CA

      Time: 12:00 - 2:00 pm

      Cost: $5 Current GBACG Members, $7 non-members
      Drinks will be available for purchase, please bring cash.

      For tickets & more details: Kendra Van Cleave - 18th Century Hair