      From: Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...>
      To: TheCostumersManifesto <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Aug 29, 2013 7:58 am
      Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] The reason for Poly-Rayon Ritual Robes

      though, one uses the type of fabric one wants....synthetics dont usually mix well with majick.
      being the maker and wearer of ritual robes, myself...never would i use a synthetic fabric for anything as important as that. for me, it just doest seem appropriate.
      i use a linen/cotton blend fabric for the very reasons you talk about..the drape, movement and ease of care. it does need to be laundered (however you plan to launder the robe after it's made) before cutting though so it does whatever its going to do. once that's done it will always be the way it is. the only change i've ever noticed by doing this has been a very slight shrinkage.
      bright blessings,
      paula

      From: Wade MacMorrighan <Wade@...>
      Date: 08/28/2013 4:09 PM (GMT-06:00)
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com

      Hey guys, I am making some ritual robes using the butte rick wizard robe/ costume pattern #4050, but I have been advised by a High Priestess whom I trust to use a poly-rayon blend (they'll be basic black, though the bell sleeves will be lined in a scrumptious cardinal red satin). Generally where, within a fabric store, should I find fabric in near equal proportions of polyester and rayon? The manager of my local Joanne's seemed ill-qualified to assist me. I poured over the polyester fabric and saw nothing there! :( ....Just poly-cotton blends. And finally, if I should decide to sell any of my hand-made textiles, if there a formula that I could use for calculating a minimum cost to charge for my items?__,

      _._,___