      From: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vibrina
      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:42 AM
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

      I didn't read your post well the first time. I think they call what you want
      an open standing ruffs. And they are Elizabethan or Tudor (not Victorian ;-0
      )
      I still think you could make one out of paper, though you might want to try
      a stiff rice paper or something with a bit of body or even thin plastic. I
      would attach it to the costume at the front with hooks on the ends of the
      ruff and bars on the dress front. In the back I would put a hook or two
      center back on the ruff and bars on the dress. I guess you could do hook &
      loop tape instead--I'm not much of a fan of it.

      Anyway here's a page with some tutorials on open standing ruffs:
      http://www.yourfantasycostume.com/accesories/everything-about-elizabethan-st
      anding-ruffs-how-make-them-how-find-them

      And another:
      http://www.elizabethancostume.net/ruffmake.html#standing

      Vibrina

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Pat Rohrbach"

      However I would like to make one of those big Victorian collars