      From: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of GCKidd
      Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:49 PM
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: boning

      I've had to put zippers in several corsets for our shows at the park over
      the past few seasons. Granted, they aren't Elizabethan corsets, they're more
      modern...but I ended up cutting the fabric between the stays near the back
      or else under one side (depending on the preference of the designer and
      whether or not the woman wearing it would be dressing herself or having
      someone help her). Used #5 zippers in colors that matched (or were close to
      matching) the corset and used double-fold bias tape to sew over the cut
      edges to finish them. It's amazing how much wear and tear you can get from a
      #5 zipper. Yeah, they aren't invulnerable...but if they can stand up to a
      summer of quick changes into and out of dance numbers for us, I think you'll
      be okay for a few nights of quick-changing into it for a few minutes of
      standing on stage. I would trust a zipper a lot more than I would trust
      Velcro in that situation...

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Pat Rohrbach"