12716CSA Western Region Pageant of the Masters Reminder

  • Publicity CSAWR
    Jul 11, 2013
      Dear Art and Costume Afficiandos,

      You can still register for the Pageant of the Masters Event on August 18,
      2013. We're only about half-way there. Make a plan for a fun day. Bring
      your friends.

      Please print out the registration form below to reserve your ticket before
      they are sold out!

      Kind regards,
      Brenna Barks, Publicity Chair for Mary Gibson, Program Chair

      The Costume Society of America, Western Region Invites You to Attend A 2013
      Bonus Event !

      Sunday, August 18

      650 Laguna Canyon Road
      Laguna Beach, CA 92651

      Join us for a special day at world famous Pageant of the Masters/Festival
      of the Arts in Laguna Beach.

      �Lights! Camera! Inaction!�

      Excitement is building for the 2013 Pageant of the Masters as it celebrates
      the 80th birthday of living pictures � the original freeze frame � at the
      Festival of Arts. The Big Picture will add a cinematic spin to its
      world-class presentation with classic masterpieces that inspired legendary
      filmmakers. http://www.foapom.com/ Pageant Costume and Headpiece Director
      and CSA Member, Mary LaVenture, has volunteered to give us a talk and tour
      of the Pageant with an eye to how the costumes are made and used. She has
      been working there for eighteen years and will share the inside scoop on
      the concepts behind the stunning tableaus. After the show we will go back
      stage (a short 20 minute tour) to see costumes up close. Mary assures me
      that by having the tour after seeing the production we will more fully
      appreciate the techniques used.

      The day will be free-form until 3:00. The whole town is an Art Festival, so
      there is plenty to see and do. I am including as much information as I can
      to let you know some of the choices, including parking and transportation
      options.

      Option- Spend the weekend and enjoy the Arts Festival and Charming Laguna
      Beach

      Register NOW � The Pageant sells out quickly and even now ticket
      choices are limited !

      Program:
      Morning - Afternoon 10 am to 3:30 pm

      Option: Meet at the Art-A-Fair collective at 10 am to begin the day with
      the group.

      Art-A-Fair � collective
      777 Laguna Canyon Rd
      Laguna Beach 92651

      http://www.art-a-fair.com/about.asp

      Sawdust Festival � collective
      935 Laguna Canyon Rd
      Laguna Beach, CA 92651

      http://www.sawdustartfestival.org/
      tickets $ 6.75-7.75

      Festival of Arts
      650 Laguna Canyon Road
      Laguna Beach, CA 92651

      http://www.foapom.com/

      Downtown and beach area of Laguna Beach lined with galleries
      and events. Accessible by free Shuttle Service

      Lunch (on your own)

      Sawdust Art Festival has several Caf��s and Deli�s to choose from
      Tivoli Terrace - Nestled hillside adjacent to the Festival of Arts and the
      world famous Pageant of the Masters,.. Lunch $10-$17. Dinner $17-$30

      Tivoli Too - Located at Art-a-Fair Lunch $9.50-17

      Downtown/beach area� a short walk away for many. many choices

      Afternoon-Evening 3:30 -8:00

      3:30 assemble iin the courtyard of the Pageant Theatre
      4:00 pm Informal talk by Mary
      We will look at a few costumes and headpieces and talk about the concepts.

      Dinner on your own

      Before the show on Sundays, they have a Beatles cover group playing. Relax
      and have a drink before the Pageant.

      8:00 Assemble for attending Pageant Production

      Performance: 8:30 pm, Back stage tour following

      Early Bird Discount! Extended !! Register before May 8 June 8
      to get a discount on your Pageant ticket. Price of ticket includes entrance
      to the Festival of Arts as well as the production. Final registration
      closes on July 12, 2013.

      Make checks payable to CSA, Western Region

      Mail this form and your check to:
      Mary Gibson, Registrar
      4516 North Ave.
      San Diego, CA 92116
      CSA Member(s)___________________________ # ______ @ $10 _____
      CSA Student Member(s) _____________________ # ______ @ $ 5 _____
      Non-Member(s) __________________________ # ______ @ $15 _____
      Student Non-Member (s)____________________ # ______ @ $10 _____
      Choose tickets:
      Early Bird Pageant Ticket (before May 8)________#______ @ $40 ______
      Regular Pageant Ticket (after May 8)____________# ______ @ $45 ______
      Total enclosed $ _______
      Please include the name(s) of ALL people planning to attend.
      Your telephone number or email address so we can confirm your reservation
      (please
      write clearly to assure that you receive your confirmation):
      Member __________________________ (e-mail) _______________________
      (phone)
      Guest(s) ___________________________ (e-mail) ______________________
      (phone)
      Members or guests with questions or who wish to cancel their registration
      for a program
      refund must notify the programs chair, Mary Gibson, by August 8, 2013.
      NOTE: Pageant
      tickets are non-refundable. 619-894-1126 or marygibsonWRCSA@...

      Parking Tips
      Metered Parking is available along Laguna Canyon Road and in downtown
      Laguna Beach (a short walk). Meters only accept quarters. Meters are either
      $.25 per 15 min or per 10 min.

      Try the city run ACT V parking lot located at 1900 Laguna Canyon Road (1/2
      mile north of the Sawdust). Only $7.00 per day with FREE trolley service to
      all festivals and downtown too.

      The Summer Shuttle Service is a FREE three line service designed to
      accommodate locals and visitors who primarily come to Laguna Beach for the
      Pageant of the Masters Laguna Beach Travel Info mobile App: Android/Google,
      Apple, Amazon- track trolleys in real time.

      Festival Parking http://www.foapom.com/visitorinfo/parking-map/