12621Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] costume fittings I am sooo tired of cast members not saving time for fittings !

  • Erika Miller
    Nov 16, 2012
      At the very first production meeting, I make a point to specifically
      schedule time for fittings and a costume parade. My director's usually
      think it's overkill, but I have to be assertive in order to get my time. I
      find if the fittings are scheduled into the calendar at the start, I have a
      better chance of that time not being taken away from me. Of course,
      sometimes it can't be helped...

      Our costume shop is also at a different location, but if the cast members
      have it on their schedules from day one, they are also less likely to
      double book. I only schedule 30 min slots and usually run over, but if I
      tell them its only going to take 30 minutes, they are more willing to make
      the time to come and then once they're there they usually are willing to
      stay a little longer. (They don't want to look bad either.) :-)

      Erika