1220Re: Tear Away Costumes.......How to?

  • vintageconnection
    Jul 6, 2002
      Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone. I'll bet that in "the old
      days" they did use tacks or basted seams.

      The play is "Rashomon" and the garment in question is a kimono. The
      kimono is worn throughout the entire show, and since the story of the
      crime is told several times (with many variations), the sleeve gets
      ripped more than once. The run is four weeks, although I wouldn't
      mind re-tacking every night. Overall, tho, it sounds like the tacky
      glue would work best...I never knew such stuff was made!

      Thank you!
      Kristina
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic