12080Re: Female fashions of the 1990s and the aughts

  • walkta
    Mar 6, 2011
      As I recall, a lot of women in their 50s and up in the 1990s wore dressy track suits with metallic sneakers. My mother did, and she bought me a couple--track suits, not sneakers. And I wore them in public, God help me. I remember a purple and pink set that I wore a lot. Yikes. I think every retired woman shopped on QVC in those days...

      Terry

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Paula McWhirter-Buck <keridwyn_98@...> wrote:

      > but keep in mind....by the end of the play the women are in their 60's.
      >
      > "THE TIME HAS COME", THE WALRUS SAID,"TO TALK OF MANY THINGS.
      >
      > OF SHOES, AND SHIPS AND SEALING WAX, OF CABBAGES AND KINGS.
      >
      > AND WHY THE SEA IS BOILING HOT, AND WHETHER PIGS HAVE WINGS."

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic