      From: Linda from SD <Linda.Scribner@...>
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Female fashions of the 1990s and the aughts
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 21, 2011, 12:07 PM

      Since the ages seem to coincide with my older sister, here are a few thoughts:

      Pleated pants remained a norm thru the 90's. Khaki seemed to be a favorite. Waists were at the natural waistline. Legs were straight or tapered towards the ankle. Dresses were often either very shapeless and to mid-calf or knee-length and slightly sheath like. Shoulder pads became a no-no for average women so shoulders got droopy. Camp shirts in "lovely" poly-crepe and graphic designed sweaters worked for a while. Oh, and don't forget the slinky knits.

      Two-thousand - Argh - loose the pleated pants! Bootcut jeans became popular again as did a variety of almost 70's fashions. Knit shirts in prints. Lycra in just about everything. If you characters are older, a great brand is Alfred Dunner. Sporty but mature.

      Hope this helps a bit.

      Linda

      -->

    »