12044Re: Female fashions of the 1990s and the aughts

  • GCKidd
    Feb 21, 2011
      Still here and lurking, most of the time...*grin*

      Seems like the thrift stores in this area are loaded with fashions from the 90's and (early) 00's. So much so that I had a really difficult time finding a 70's-era suit and shirt for the last show I was in (since I was a costumer, the director/designer let me costume myself). It depends on the store, of course...the last time the park sent me costume-shopping in LA, we hit some thrift stores down there for costumes for an 80's music revue, but there was a LOT of stuff in there that was older. But between the magazines (great suggestion!) and thrift stores in your area, it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with some really good stuff.

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:

      > This list is not very active anymore. I hope some of you are still
      > here. I have a question regarding a play I'm going to design very
      > soon. Although I haven't read it yet (Dixie Swim Club) my
      > understanding is that it revolves around meetings of 5 women over a
      > period spanning the 1970s to the present.
      <SNIP>
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic