12042Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Female fashions of the 1990s and the aughts

  • DJCPoland@aol.com
    Feb 20, 2011
      Regarding the American "uniform" of blue jeans and a T-shirt. The cut and the decoration of the jeans has varied a lot. Was it the 90's when there was a year that the waistbands were cut off and raw edges were everywhere? Or was that when "paperbag" waist bands were in? Were there pleats or cuffs? What was the most popular arrangement of the pockets? For that matter, which brand was in? A particular brand that was hot and is now defunct could define an era as could a certain style or placement of embroidery. In 2003, the embroidery was down the front of the hip below the front pocket, and denim jackets had raw edges. (I know becase I designed one of those embroideries for a fashion company.)

      A T-shirt that was "everywhere", including a political T-shirt might as well. I've got a Geradine Ferraro (first woman VP candidate) T-shirt that I hope will be valuable someday.

      Just a few ideas if you do use the uniform for any particular time period or character type.

      Donna Carty