      From: Augusta Auction Company <contact@...>
      To: thecostumersmanifesto@...
      Sent: Sun, October 31, 2010 6:25:13 PM
      Subject: November 10th Auction -Couture, Vintage & Rare Textiles - Augusta
      Auctions

      If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.
      Share This:

      Dear Tara,

      Next Wednesday we hold our NYC fall auction, showcasing a particularly
      exciting assortment of exquisite couture fashion and historic textiles gathered
      from major museum collections. The event begins at noon, November 10th, at the
      1883 St. Paul Auditorium, one block from Columbus Circle in midtown Manhattan.

      We’ll be auctioning 391 exceptional lots of couture & vintage clothing,
      fashion accessories, and rare textiles have been consigned to us by the Brooklyn
      Museum, the Chrysler Museum, the Heritage Society of Houston, the Fashion
      Institute of Design & Merchandising, Historic Northampton and many other
      institutions, private collections and estates.

      The offerings range from 16th & 17th century textiles to 19th century lace gowns
      to couture creations from the top designers of the 20th century. Dior, Thea
      Porter, Griffe, Chloe, Worth, Pingat, Balenciaga, Patou, Cardin, Ungaro, Chanel,
      Balmain, Galanos, YSL, Fath, Paquin, Beene, Lanvin, Adrian, Castelbajac, Pucci,
      Liberty, Castillo, Gucci, Cashin, and Hermes garments abound. The collection is
      equally strong in wearable vintage fashion and rare collector pieces, including
      several fabulous early Yves Saint Laurent for Dior dresses.

      The collection is rounded out by diverse offerings such Andy Warhol’s own
      Centennial Quilt, unusual17th century Spanish carpets from Teddy Roosevelt’s son
      Kermit, a 16th Flemish tapestry, stunning paisley shawls, tons of great costume
      jewelry, Fortuny fabrics, 18th & 19th century men’s and women’s garments,
      military including a very rare 19th century 13-star naval flag, beaded bags, a
      Chinese rank badge collection, a textile history photo archive, shoes, hats &
      other accessories....and much, much more.

      Our web catalog is available for viewing and includes detailed
      descriptions of all the lots with more than 1400 lot images from this sale
      alone (We got carried away by the beauty of some of the offerings and had to
      share them).

      More information on location details, preview and auction times, absentee
      and phone bid forms and other links can be found on our site,
      http://e2ma.net/go/6838676796/208359197/216079557/1400707/goto:http://www.augusta-auction.com/.
      This promises to be a sale to remember and one you won't want to miss. We hope
      your schedule enables you to attend either the previews or the sale.
      Alternatively, follow the link from our site to the ArtFact bidding catalog,
      where two-thirds of our sale lots are available to internet bidders.

      On December 2-4. Initiatives in Art & Culture will be holding their 12th annual
      fashion conference entitled Value, Values, Vintage and Enduring Design in New
      York City. Our very own Karen Augusta will be joining Anna Sui, Hamish Bowles,
      Jan Reeder and two dozen others from the museum, fashion & vintage worlds as a
      panelist/presenter at this conference. This event explores how mainstream
      fashion has embraced vintage style. Karen has attended this event in past years
      and absolutely loved it. Sign up online before Nov. 5th and receive a $100
      discount to attend the conference.

      If this email has reached you in error or you no longer wish to
      receive email notices from Augusta Auction Company or Karen Augusta, please
      click the opt-out link on the bottom of this page.

      If you'd like to receive printed flyers from us about our future fashion
      events, click the manage link below to ensure we have your correct mailing
      address.

      Use the link at the top of this page to forward this email to any
      friends and colleagues who share your interest in historic & couture clothing,
      fashion accessories and textiles. With our site now translated into 53
      languages, we appreciate your referral of our sale or website to your friends
      around the globe.

      33 Gage Street | Bellows Falls, Vermont 05101 | USA
      For further information, contact
      Bob Ross bob@... 802-376-7166
      www.augusta-auction.com

      This email was sent to thecostumersmanifesto@.... To ensure that you
      continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

      manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.