      From: Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...>
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Puffer fish costume
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 1:07 AM

      I woman I work with is trying to make a puffer fish costume for her

      grandson. I don't know much about costume crafts but have been

      racking my brain for easy ideas. I'm not concerned about the spines,

      just how to achieve the overall ball shape and get it to stay blown

      up, so to speak. She was planning on making a wire frame out of 3

      different sized circles and covering them with batting and felt. I

      suggested foam, but it seems like one would have to make a muslin

      shell first to put around the wire frame. I hope I'm making myself

      clear.

      Any ideas?

      Sylvia Rognstad

      Costume/clothing design & construction