11873Re: maybe a strange question...

  • GCKidd
    Aug 3, 2010
      Actually, depending on the animal, it would be illegal to dye them in ANY state. Horses, for instance, have their coloration and distinctive features documented as part of their ownership papers. Now, granted, you could probably dye them (if you could get them to hold still for it, which would vary a lot from horse to horse) and have no problem as long as you didn't try to sell or transport the horse any significant distance...but you could also find yourself in a world of trouble if that distance went across state lines.

      I'd talk to a groomer, about a dog. Kool-Aid would probably work, but the groomer (if that's not what they're already using, which is possible) may have something that can give you a more predictable result.

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, llsturts@... wrote:
      > Whoever mentioned checking to see the legality of dying animals is correct
      > too, just to be sure--I know in Michigan it's illegal to dye baby chick
      > and rabbits. I doubt the regulation would cover larger animals, but it
      > could, so there would be no fraud concerning the selling of show animals.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic