RE: [TheCivilEngineer] Re: Steel Reinforcement Concrete Ratio

  • farked alfars
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 18, 2008
      its rite but the is no rules for that, as i told before its coming from experience.
      thanks for your confidence

      Gulwant Rai Gandhi <gandhigr@...> wrote:
      so Mr Alfars

      i agree to the calculations u presented, very nice

      i appreciate it,

      but boss i want a thumb rule, just for rough calculation.

      the things u told us were also asumptive,

      so give a the bottom line to concrete ratio & reinforcement.

      100-120 Kg per CUM. rite?

      now plz close this topic....

      can we have something other stuff to discuss?

      chillll

      farked alfars <farkeda@yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
      Dear All

      Before week ago I sent e-mail tell all the concrete cement ratio is a variable.
      and I spend more than one week seeking in standers to find out this ratio (but i didn't find it.).
      My comments is the ratio is different between structural element member ,i will gave you small note help you to find out the concrete steel ratio according to the building type.
      My note is not stander but its easy way to help you if you want to make calculation for the steel reinforcement in concrete building.
      for slab:-

      the concrete reinforcement ratio is between 90-100kg for each cubic meter of concrete ( finally it will be according to the reinforcement details).

      for beams:-

      the concrete reinforcement ratio is between 110-160 kg for each cubic meter of concrete(finally it will be according to the reinforcement details).

      for foundation:-

      the concrete reinforcement ratio is between 75-100 kg for each cubic meter of concrete(finally it will be according to the reinforcement details).

      shear walls:-

      the concrete reinforcement ratio is between 110-120 kg for each cubic meter of concrete(finally it will be according to the reinforcement details).

      columns:-

      Columns is the structural element which has mach reinforcement on it.
      there for the ratio will increases and some time reach to 300 kg for cubic meter
      but let me say that.
      the concrete reinforcement ratio is between 200-280 kg for each cubic meter of concrete(according to the reinforcement details).
      If the building may be construct in the area has earth quake, the shear walls are required.

      I hope this will be OK and help you.

      if any one is not agree with me please i will wait his response
      Basil Aleyas <basilaleyas@ hotmail.com> wrote:
      Dear Alayo,

      For the calculation of unit weight of TMT bars use,

      162/d^2 kg/m        Where d is the dia of bar in mm.

      For small RCC works (light reinforced) you can take 100kg/cum of concrete for estination purpose. Only for rough estimation!! !!

      With Thanks,

      Basil Aleyas,

      To: TheCivilEngineer@ yahoogroups. com
      From: tonyalayo2003@ yahoo.com
      Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:08:43 -0800
      Subject: Re: [TheCivilEngineer] Re: Steel Reinforcement Concrete Ratio

      Dear all,
      can anyone pls tell me how many number of reinforcement make up one Kg and its relationship with the volme of concrete.

      Best regard to all,
      alayo olusesan

      batodun <batodun@yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
      hi,
      can you pls let me know the grade of concrete that one can use this
      assumption for. which code of practice are you working with. i want to
      believe that this assumption is subjective and depends on the code of
      practice and grade of concrete.
      i stand to be corrected pls.
      tunde odunlami

      -- In TheCivilEngineer@ yahoogroups. com, farked alfars <farkeda@... > wrote:

      > Dear All.
      > According to my calculation with my experience for ordinary
      building consist from 3-5 stories the average steel for 1m3 is between
      100 to 120 kg
      > and the steel reinforcment to concrete ratio will be according to
      the designer calculation

      > Many thanks
      >
      > Nurcahya Priyonugroho <anung_pnugroho@ ...> wrote:
      > Dear All,
      >
      > Does anyone know the average steel reinforcement concrete ratio of
      > ordinary building?
      > I mean, for 1 m3 concrete how much steel bar (in kg) do we need?
      > I've read before in a website, that it takes 125 kg's steel
      > reinforcement for 1 m3 concrete in a ordinary 10 stories building.
      > Do you agree, or maybe have different figures? Please share, thank you.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Nurcahya

      > Sent from Yahoo! &#45; a smarter inbox.

      Detailed profiles 4 marriage! Only at Shaadi.com Try it!

      Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.