Re: [TheCivilEngineer] Bitumen

  • Pradeep Kumar
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 27, 2009
      dear member,
      In my view this may stands as
      pentration of 135 at temperature of 10 deg. celcious
      Bitumen experts requested to please varify and provide expert openion on this subject.

      Regards
      P.Kumar

      From: Civil Chennai <civil77@ymail. com>
      Subject: [TheCivilEngineer] Bitum
      To: TheCivilEngineer@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, 3 August, 2009, 3:03 PM

      Dear All,

      Could you please advice me in India How many grades of Bitumens are used and What is meant by 80/100 and 60/70/30/40.

      Thanks a lot,

      KRISHNA

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local

    • suprio ghosh
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 27, 2009
        The discussion was on paving bitumen as per IS: 73-1992. They are also called straight grade (ie not mixed with other grades).Used for paving of roads.
        135/10 bitumnen belongs to the class of fully or semi blown bitumen as per IS: 702-1998, where various grades are blended. Also called oxidised bitumen, it is mostly used as coatings. Please check up IS: 702 to know the test method.
        Suprio

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 27, 2009
          Dear parveen
          Thanks for support

          P.kumar

          If U don't know leave it, why to misguide others.
          Pravin Kadam

          Other members requested not to put information as a layman, your wrong information may misguide other million of members.
          thanks
          P.kumar

          60/70, 80/100 is melting tempature. mostly in indina 60/70 only using india

          Could you please advice me in India How many grades of Bitumens are used and What is meant by 80/100 and 60/70/30/40.

          Thanks a lot,
          KRISHNA

          See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

          Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local

          start: 2008-06-21 end: 0000-00-00
          See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

        • Civil Chennai
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 27, 2009

            Dear All,

            Can you anybody give full & correct details about the bitumen grades using various works .

            Thanks
            KRISHNA

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 29, 2009
              Dear All

              I am confused pl explain the mean of 80/100 bitumen.

              With regards

              Salesh

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 31, 2009
                Salesh:
                80/100 means penetration of needle is between 80 to 100mm. I will suggest please read the codes. It is the easiest, surest and the correct way to do things. This forum should be used for getting solutions to problems we engineers face day to day such that we are able to give superior solutions to our bosses/clients.
                80/100 is a soft bitumen used for roads. Ever since the problem of bleeding became an issue we shifted to 60/70 grade.
                Suprio
                Lets not ask fundamental questions which are dealt in books and codes/specifications.

[...]

                Thinking of ordering food? Find restaurant numbers on Yahoo! India Local
              • bilal41490
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 14, 2009
                  i urgently want the solution manual of INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS BY WALPOLE 3RD ED if any one have it plz send me on my email at bilal41490@...