Dublin Launch of the European Year of Citizen s 2013 & Citizens’ Dialogue Event

  • William Finnerty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      "The universality and indivisibility of human rights ... and the almost unbelievable hypocrisy of the Government of the Republic of Ireland (Executive, Legislative, and Judicial), the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britton and Northern Ireland, and, the Government of the European Union regarding GENUINE respect -- in practical terms -- for the crucially important United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights principles (http://tinyurl.com/bb35hzz), and all of the huge mass of associated national and international legislation, in question."

      From: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/102060#comment294001

      =============================

      "This event (tomorrow's Launch of the European Year of Citizens 2013 & Citizens’ Dialogue Event, January 10th 2013) will provide interested citizens with a unique opportunity to attend the launch of the European Year of Citizens with Taoiseach, Enda Kenny TD; Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore TD and the President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso.  Following the launch, you will have the opportunity to engage in a Citizens’ Dialogue – a frank and open exchange of opinions on the current economic crisis, the rights of European citizens and the future of the European Union – with Vice-President of the European Commission, Ms Viviane Reding and Minister of State for European Affairs, Lucinda Creighton TD."

      The excerpt just above is from: http://www.europeanmovement.ie/citizens-dialogue/

      With reference to "the rights of European citizens" mentioned above, I'm still waiting -- well over SEVEN YEARS later -- for a reply to the registered letter I sent to European Commission President José Manuel Barroso (Lawyer) on April 27th 2005.

      A copy of the text of the Email/Registered Letter dated April 27th 2005 (to President José Manuel Barroso), together with scanned copies of the associated Post Office receipts, can be viewed at the address just below:
      http://www.constitutionofireland.com/PresidentBarrosoEmail27April2005.htm

      To date, I have never received any reply, not even an acknowledgement of receipt, for any of the three registered letters referred to at the www address just above.

      It is also the case that, to date, I have not received any reply -- not even an acknowledgement of receipt -- from Republic of Ireland Prime Minister Enda Kenny TD, or from Republic of Ireland Justice Minister Alan Shatter TD, to my registered letters to them dated December 14th 2012. Scanned copies of the "Email/Registered Letters" in question, together with scanned copies of the associated Post Office delivery information, can be viewed at the following www location:
      http://humanrightsireland.com/PrimeMinisterEndaKennyTD/14December2012/Email.htm

      Related Links:
      "They can talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk, Human Rights Ireland, William Finnerty"
      http://tinyurl.com/ayzpqx3

      The text in the section immediately above was used in an e-mail sent this morning (January 9th 2013) to Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon. The full text of the e-mail, which was copied -- using the same e-mail -- to (among others) an international selection of senior political, legal, and religious leaders, can be viewed at the following www location:
      http://www.humanrightsireland.com/UnitedNations/9January2013/Email.htm

      "Humanity's biggest blunder to date?"

      "Our failure (ongoing!!) to put into practice the 1948 United Nations "teaching and education" recommendations made in the final paragraph of the PREAMBLE at: http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml ?"

      From: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/102060#comment293440

      Human Rights Ireland: http://www.humanrightsireland.com