Re: The Fractal View

  • dgulhati
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 8, 2009
      Faith is a thing that preceeds knowledge, not comes after knowledge. It is a glimpse of a truth which the mind has not yet seized as knowledge.

      Sri Aurobindo
      (Letters on Yoga, Page: 576)

      But what does "cosmic spirit" mean?

       Cosmic spirit? It is the cosmic spirit, it is the universal spirit, it is the spirit that's in the whole universe. There is a universe. You know what the universe is? Well, this universe has a spirit, and this spirit is the cosmic spirit; this universe has a consciousness and its consciousness is the cosmic, universal consciousness.

      One may very well imagine that the universe is only an entity in something which is still vaster, as the individual is only an entity in a much vaster totality. Now, each unit has its consciousness and its own spirit which contains all the others, as a group consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it and as a national consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it, and something more. The individual is only an element in the whole, even as the earth is a part of the solar system, and the solar system makes a part of all the systems of the universe. So just as there is an individual consciousness, there is a group consciousness and a consciousness of the system, a universal consciousness which is made up of the set of all the consciousnesses composing it, plus something, something – something more subtle. Just like you: you have lots of cells in your body; each cell has its own consciousness and you have a consciousness which is the consciousness of your total individuality, though made up of all these small cellulary consciousnesses.

       Mother, here it is written: "... there is a wall of separative ignorance between" the individual and the cosmic consciousness. Then how to break down this wall?

       Get rid of the ignorance, enter the knowledge.

      First of all you must know what I have just told you, that you are a part of the whole, that this whole is a part of a greater whole, and that this greater whole is a part of a still greater whole, right up to its forming one single totality. Once you know that, you begin to become aware that in reality there cannot be any separation between you and something greater than you of which you are a part. This is the beginning. Now, you must come to the point not only of thinking this but of feeling it and even living it, and then the wall of ignorance tumbles: one feels this unity everywhere and realises that he is only a more or less fragmentary part of a whole much vaster than he, which is the universe. Then one begins to have a more universal consciousness.

       The Mother; Collected Works, Vol 7 Page – 236-37

      Let your life be a constant search for the Truth and it will be worth living.

      The Mother
      (Words of the Mother, Vol. 15 Page:238)

      http://www.sriaurobindoashram.org.in/Content.aspx?ContentURL=_staticcontent%5csriaurobindoashram%5c-09+e-library%5c-02+works+of+the+mother%5c-01+english%5c-07+questions+and+answers_volume-07%5c-27_13+july+1955.htm

    • dgulhati
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 9, 2009

        The awesome onus of being just us

        • MUKUL SHARMA

           COME to think of it, Judaeo-Christianity, the classical Greco-Roman religious worldview and Islam can actually make life easier. For, though we may be prone to failings — we're not irredeemable. There's light at the end of the tunnel in the way of salvation if we seek it using the righteous path. Meaning, while we may be like deep cover counter-intelligence agents injected into hostile terrain, we're not on our own because there's always a handler we can turn to for guidance and who, if we're really about to make a mess of our mission (and don't mind seeking help), can extricate us out of seemingly impossible situations. In short, we're not alone. Robert Frost summed it up pretty succinctly when he wrote: "We dance around a ring and suppose but the secret sits in the middle and knows."
           Most eastern religions on the other hand, including mystical sects of the above mentioned creeds, are a different ball game altogether. To declare, as they do, that the godhood is inside us — that indeed, it is us — puts such a savage spin on individual responsibility that it makes a mockery of redemption. How can a person possibly justify any unethical thought, word or deed any more, for instance, if the judge, jury and jailor is the perpetrator himself or herself? And as if that was not enough, it's also posited that the majority of us are ignorant of the fact our godhood resides in us. Now the burden of responsibility has to be borne without even the enlightened knowledge of its sanction. How tough is that?
        It's like the Copernican revolution in reverse. Imagine being suddenly informed one day that we're not a minor planet orbiting an ordinary star in the remote arm of an average galaxy among billions of other galaxies but that we are, instead, the centre of the universe. That, in fact, we are the universe.
           That there is no maker of ourselves but we, no other out there but us, no time but now, no space but here, no life but this where we're told we've deliberately lost ourselves in a game of make-believe hide and seek so that some may find themselves from time to time in order to continue the game or relinquish it forever and guide others to do the same because the world has no beginning or end but, rather, simply is and always will be and, in short, we — or to be more correct — I, am alone, may not make life any easier or easily rewarding but, ultimately, it turns out to be much more so.
        The Economic Times; 10 February 2009
      • dgulhati
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 25, 2009

          The Necessity of Fractal Systems Architecture

          The root problem of many economic, social, and other issues we face, regardless of field and regardless of scope, is that we continue to ascribe a meaning to key components of the field that is vastly out of sync with the meaning that the truth of reality demands.

          Fractal Systems Architecture is about more accurately perceiving the truth of reality, and about more accurately repurposing and realigning the operation of key components based on that reality. In other words Fractal Systems Architecture is about understanding and more fruitfully relating to the system that we are a part of. Such insight can make all the difference between a life lived in smallness or one lived with sustainable purpose and an on-going sense of success, whether at the individual, corporate, market, or societal level.

          In Aurosoorya's research the nature of the environing system is fractal. That is, it is comprised of patterns that repeat themselves on different scale from the micro to the macro. Proof for this is evident in the material field through the works of mathematicians and scientists such as Mandelbrot. Proof for this will be self-evident in more complex fields involving people, organizations, and societies, once one makes the effort to perceive this.

          Aurosoorya has felt the necessity of a new profession – that of Fractal Systems Architecture. This is in no small measure spurred by the range of crises we face today. A Fractal Systems Architect will:

          1. Help others see the fractal reality of our contextual systems. Such a seeing will awaken the sense that we exist in a fully integrated, purposeful, conscious world.
          2. Help others expand their notion of self to logically see how the micro is a reflection of the macro and the macro is a reflection of the micro.
          3. Help others expand their notion of corporation, or market, of system, so that these are perceived as instances of conscious world-purpose in process of being worked out.
          4. Help others more accurately perceive the tight inter-relationship between the `layers' of the world-system, starting from the person, moving through the corporation, market, system, and culminating in the world itself.
          5. Help others perceive the true meaning of crises as an opportunity offered by the world-system to once more align with world-purpose.
          6. Build awareness of non-linear techniques to take action in a fractal-based world.

          Through facilitating such redefinition a Fractal Systems Architect will also facilitate understanding its impact on all aspects of organizational operation. Such redefinition may involve visioning and setting strategy, reinterpreting internal organizational and external market and system dynamics, and guiding and coaching leadership in light of a differently perceived or realized playing-field.

          The price we pay for not syncing with the reality we are a part of is increasing in magnitude every day. The cost of our inaction has now exceeded the cost of change. It has therefore become an imperative to engage in the change. Fractal Systems Architecture is a way to facilitate the needed changes by addressing the root causes.

          Tags: Cost of change, Cost of inaction, Crises, Economic problems and solutions, Mandelbrot, Organizational operation, Repurposing, Root of our problems, Social problems and solutions, Systems theory, World-system

          Leave a Reply

        • dgulhati
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 21, 2010
            Pravir Malik is in Delhi. He will be giving talks at the Gnostic Centre on 25 and 26 August. His wall post on his facebook page is reproduced below.

            To my friends in Delhi: i will be giving 3 talks on Connecting Inner Power with Global Change at the Gnostic Center over the next 1 week:

            Talk 1: August 20 - 7.00-8.00pm
            Talk 2: August 25 - 7.00-8.00pm
            Talk 3: August 26 - 7.00-8.00pm
            Please call+91-9810052545 - to attend.

            I will explore a theory on how shifts in oneself can have profound shifts in corporations, markets, systems,and the world.

            http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=38746557af7a8f772ea421c180e03002&q=pravir+malik&init=quick&sid=search_preload
            ---
             The power to change things lies within us. On these pages
             Aurosoorya introduces a theory on how shifts in oneself can have
             profound shifts in corporations, markets, systems, and the world. It has been said - "Become the change you wish to see in the World". But the elaboration of how this is true may remain a mystery. The theory of  organization presented here shows a fractal reality in which an idea, a person, a team, a corporation, a market, a system, progressively more  complex constructs, are concretely connected by virtue of common and  linked patterns that animates each of these separate levels. Hence the power to positively change progressively more complex and in many cases
             removed arenas of life, such even as Climate Change, by making
             corresponding changes in one's personal space becomes more real. .. From the first post on topic.

          • devindersingh
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 31, 2013
              What Dick calls the mystical union that he describes in existlist:
              was a contact with the cosmic spirit.
              In a momentary escape from his individual mind, he was shown the cosmic mind. There is yet the transcendental mind beyond as affirmed by Sri Aurobindo from his seer vision.That Dick's was not a union of self with Self is evidenced by the bloated ego the experience gave him - the ego of mystical experience...
              A visitation is not to be confused with union. Union is when one discovers the "being".
              --- In TheBecoming@yahoogroups.com, "dgulhati" wrote:

> [...]
              > of feeling it and even living it, and then the wall of ignorance
              > tumbles: one feels this unity everywhere and realises that he is only a
              > more or less fragmentary part of a whole much vaster than he, which is
              > the universe. Then one begins to have a more universal consciousness.
              >
              > The Mother; Collected Works, Vol 7 Page – 236-37
              >
              > Let your life be a constant search for the Truth and it will be worth
              > living.
              >
              > The Mother
              > (Words of the Mother, Vol. 15 Page:238)
              >
              > http://www.sriaurobindoashram.org.in/Content.aspx?ContentURL=_staticcont\
              > ent%5csriaurobindoashram%5c-09+e-library%5c-02+works+of+the+mother%5c-01\
              > +english%5c-07+questions+and+answers_volume-07%5c-27_13+july+1955.htm

              tent%5csriaurobindoashram%5c-09+e-library%5c-02+works+of+the+mother%5c-0\
              > 1+english%5c-07+questions+and+answers_volume-07%5c-27_13+july+1955.htm>

            • devindersingh gulati
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 14, 2013
                Dick’s description here is awesome.
                Is it the supermind he visited that evening, I wonder?
                To Sri Aurobindo, there were three distinct transformations that had to happen: the psychic, the spiritual, and the supramental. And the spiritual transformation is, I think, what most of us probably have in mind when we speak about enlightenment or Self-realization. It's the realization of the Infinite, the Absolute Self, or Ground of Being. But there's something unique about what he calls the psychic transformation, particularly in relationship to evolution. For Sri Aurobindo, this was the key to the whole path. He was basically saying that there is an individual spark or seed of the Divine in each of us, what could be called our true self or, as he sometimes said, 'true being.' And although this true being is usually obscured or veiled by the outer personality and ego identity, its promptings can be felt even in that veiled state as our own spiritual impulses or aspirations. What's significant about this psychic being is that, according to him, because its nature is the Divine itself, not only does it want us to evolve toward perfection, but it knows the way to get there perfectly. It is recognized by 'a warmth and a glow in the heart center'. A transformation is permanent change as distinct from mere visitation. I suspect it was the cosmic mind Dick visited that evening. A MYSTIC REUNION proper would be described by what is termed by Sri Aurobindo as the psychic transformation.
                The subsequent event after twenty years that Dick experienced was possibly the unification [or the demolition of separation] of the outer surface mind with the inner. Sri Aurobindo said that if we were only willing to consciously participate in EVOLUTION, we could create a "divine life" right here on earth, a ceaseless, dynamic, miraculous unfolding of ever-higher expressions of harmony and unity that Dick experienced spontaneously, first in the beyond and subsequently here in this world.
                The means of a conscious and accelerated participation in one’s own evolution and the common evolution is through YOGA.
                The spiritual opening that Dick had, that speeded up his personal evolution has been attempted systematically even  by the Buddhists. The phenomenon is verifiable by PERSONAL EFFORT according to Buddhism. There have been specific techniques developed.  Dick can possibly reenter the experience that came to him spontaneously by entering a ten day Buddhist retreat near to where he is located. He could look up the details at the website:  http://www.dhamma.org/en/bycountry/eu/uk.shtml

                Gulati

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 16, 2013
                  Previous:
                   One may very well imagine that the universe is only an entity in something which is still vaster, as the individual is only an entity in  a much vaster totality. Now, each unit has its consciousness and its own spirit which contains all the others, as a group consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it and as a national consciousness is made up of all the individual consciousnesses which constitute it, and something more.  Just like you: you have lots of cells in your body; each cell has its own consciousness and you have a consciousness which is the consciousness of your total individuality, though made up of all these small cellulary consciousnesses.
                  Roger Lass: My suggestion is that if something is transmitted from one conscious being to another, the medium is only a medium and possesses no features that belong to the conscious beings.
                  Human beings function as invisible conduits for the exchange of anger, sex and depression, as Sri Aurobindo and the Mother repeatedly pointed out, and it is only when our inner being opens up that we discover the rich and voluminous nature of this commerce.  This exchange occurs through the higher vital (pranamaya kosha) and mental sheaths (manomaya kosha) in the human consciousnessIt is not only talk that creates a turmoil – disturbing forces can come in by contact also. There may be restlessness or confusion of consciousness in the person who talks with you to which he does not give expression or is not even aware that he is like that, or he may bring forces from others. Again it may be that you met or contacted in your sleep the vital of others or some vital forces in the atmosphere. Turmoil may come in many ways.  Whenever one mixes with others, things are passing from one to the other. If I talk with a number of people, I bring away with me in my atmosphere many forces that were around them; they may affect me or not, but they remain for a time at least. If in that time I speak with another man, he may receive them from me. It is like a man carrying germs with him from a person he has visited; he may not fall ill himself (or he may), but, even if he does not, he can pass them on to another man he visits afterwards – who falls ill. It is the same thing here in the supraphysical parts.
                  Nagin: Why does even a slight casual talk create a disturbance in my work?
                  Sri Aurobindo: It is because by talking one passes into another consciousness. That is so long as the inner being has not attained a constant and even calm poise.  It is no use giving up talking altogether – the proper course is to speak usefully to people but not to talk for the sake of talking.
                  So next time you find yourself getting depressed or angry for no legitimate reason, ask yourself whether
                  1. it is because you were recently chatting with a person who was a conduit for these aberrant movements.
                  2. OR it is a cyclical rhythm which is triggered within your consciousness every once in a while, as explained in an earlier post. http://auromere.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/the-exchange-of-vital-forces-during-social-interactions/#more-9285
                  Gulati

                • vasant sardesai
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 16, 2013
                    Such induvidual conscioousness is only because of mind; that is why they say that for self-realization, one should give up or kill the mind.

                    V. S.Sardesai

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 16, 2013
                      Dear Sir,
                      It has been rightly summarised that consciousness is the united result of consciousness of many beings with in a being and finally part of the total consciousness; since the entire consciousness is unity.
                      Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal