Re: THE COUGAR SANCTIONS

  • jreynolds88@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
      Too extreme for me, I'm afraid. The villain mentions 118 dossiers of men related to her - is that the number she kills in the whole series?
    • Lincoln C
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
        I did! I do!! Well done, and thank you!!!

      • Gutridge@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
          No, I plucked the number out of thin air.  Sorry, can't make everyone happy.

        • pythonden21@aol.com

            Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
              Thanks for writing the fan fic. It was entertaining. Action scenes were great.
              Some comments:
              Sex was too frequent, and in some cases, extreme. The Baroness kind of came across as a cheap begging sex-starved woman, which is far different from the Baroness novels' flavor. For the story length, maybe one or two great sex scenes would be more in keeping with the novels' spirit. Besides, I prefer a good clean staight (and adventurous) sex, just like in the novels.

              --- In TheBaroness@yahoogroups.com, Gutridge@... wrote:

              > Yes, that was the implication; that like Sherlock Holmes, the Baroness had
              > many unrecorded adventures and disposed of many other enemies, not just
              > collateral damage.
              >
              > Richard
              >

              > In a message dated 8/2/2012 6:33:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              > pythonden21@... writes:
              >

              > Well, in your defense remember, not every case The Baroness had is
              > necessarily written in a book, and the number nneed not include the many nameless
              > men and women she killed who just got in her way of doing her job.
              >
              > Py
              >

              > No, I plucked the number out of thin air. Sorry, can't make everyone
              > happy.
              >
              > In a message dated 8/1/2012 8:25:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              > jreynolds88@... writes:
              >

              > Too extreme for me, I'm afraid. The villain mentions 118 dossiers of men
              > related to her - is that the number she kills in the whole series?

            • gutridge1956
              Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
                August:
                For much of the story, The Baroness is not entirely in control of her own actions and speech; she's trapped as a performer in the pornographic fantasies of Peter Sim, who hasn't matured emotionally since he was 16. She's repeatedly baffled by her own overly-coarse words and actions until she realizes that he's manipulating her for his pleasure. Her mounting anger at having been robbed of her free will contributes to her brutal termination of Peter once she regains control of her own mind. After he's dead, she has no idea to what extent her behavior was determined by her own powerful attraction to Peter, or by his mind-leash technology.
                Thanks for reading!

                Richard

                Message 8 of 11 , Oct 4, 2012
                  A few other things I liked:

                  The whole COIN thing was one of Nixon's sick fantasies, and got dissolved by Jimmy Carter. No doubt Reagan and Oliver North promptly reconstituted it.

                  Frank Frazetta draws Penelope! No wonder she took that painting with her when she escaped.

                  Peter Sim believes that she's using his own mind-control technique on him, but it's just her hypnotic green eyes!

                  Hope that Sim's sister is plotting a particularly gruesome revenge...