Re: The Series' Fantasy sadism

  • saltersheppard
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2006
      Poor girl, she was really abused and threatened. Let's not forget the
      slobbering dobermans and backed up to a swiming pool filled with
      peranna. All eager to feast on her.

      I've always appreciated foxy women dressed when they are terrorized.
      I thought the predictable nudity was a bit much. However, one story
      had her tied up in a tent with her clothes on. The bad guy fumbled
      with the clothes and finally got her as he liked her. Then the lady
      was tortured with sharp knives and such. I liked the stripping aspect
      here. Then he started on her. Ooh la la.

      --- In TheBaroness@yahoogroups.com, "Death Trap" <deathtrapperil@...>
      wrote:

      > I think clearly that what distinguished this series from other
      similar
      > ones at the time was its embrace of over-the-top cartoonish sexual
      sadism.
      > The Baroness covers might portray her as a typical pulp bad-ass but
      the
      > inside teasers always focused on Penelope in trouble. The series
      merged sex
      > and violence until they were one in the same. Every book has her
      captured
      > (at least once), stripped naked, and either sexually tortured or
      set up for
      > a demise that emphasizes her sexuality.
      >
      > In Operation: Doomsday, Penelope is captured, stripped naked and
      sexually
      > tortured with makeshift instruments. Later she is again captured,
      stripped
      > naked, and this time staked out spread-eagled in the frozen
      wilderness to be
      > devoured by hungry wolves.
      > In Flicker of Doom, Penelope is stripped naked, tied to chair for
      the
      > purpose of being cut into pieces, starting with her breasts. Later
      she is
      > tied spread-eagle to a rack for the purposes of being raped.
      > In the Ecstasy Connection she is strapped naked into a mind
      control device
      > and forced to orgasm against her will.
      > In Death Is a Ruby Light, the Baroness is strapped naked to a
      tilting
      > table and has her nipples tortured with electricity. Later she is
      tied
      > naked, but for her bra, to a laser super-weapon with its business-
      end aimed
      > directly at her vagina.
      > And in Sonic Slave her vagina is threatened with an even more
      horrifying
      > prospect as she is secured again naked and spread-eagled and has a
      death
      > beam slowly slice its way up the table towards her crotch ala
      Goldfinger.
      > And in Hard-Core Murder, Penelope is staked out naked and spread-
      eagled by
      > evil snuff-film makers who intend to draw and quarter her with
      trained
      > elephants.
      >
      > Clearly all the bad guys in the series share a common agenda.

      > On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on
      how to

    • ppsantos
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2006
        But admittedly, Baroness is at her best when naked - whether in a
        torture laborary or in bed!

        --- In TheBaroness@yahoogroups.com, "saltersheppard"
        <saltersheppard@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > naked, but for her bra, to a laser super-weapon with its
        business-
        > end aimed
        > > directly at her vagina.
        > > And in Sonic Slave her vagina is threatened with an even more
        > horrifying
        > > prospect as she is secured again naked and spread-eagled and has
        > death
        > > beam slowly slice its way up the table towards her crotch ala
        > Goldfinger.
        > > And in Hard-Core Murder, Penelope is staked out naked and
        spread-
        > eagled by
        > > evil snuff-film makers who intend to draw and quarter her with
        > trained
        > > elephants.
        > >
        > > Clearly all the bad guys in the series share a common agenda.

        > > On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice

      • endurancelost
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 21, 2008
          Penelope was one of a kind. I've long lost my own copies of the books. Sigh. Any chance
          of posting those delicious inside teasers at least? I know it's a lost to ask.