Re: New File Added

  • jreynolds88
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
      A fun piece! I think you caught her devil-may-care attitude and gleeful violence quite well.

      One point though - in the 60 or so fights that she's in the course of the 8 books, I can only think of one where she's fighting a woman. That was in #3, where Penelope gets tortured by a froggish-looking female Soviet interrogator, and then breaks her jaw with one blow. All the rest of the time she's battling various male low-lifes.

      These books came out in the early 70s, a time when action heroines were nowhere near as popular as today. Having one tough babe in a book was pushing it, never mind a whole set of them. There was also a lot less tolerance for lesbianism, so girl-on-girl action was not as titillating as it is now. Most of her fights have erotic overtones (and Kenyon is not subtle about it), but they're strictly heterosexual.

      A present-day Baroness, of course, would have no such inhibitions. She'd have super-villainesses to deal with, along with their leather-and-vinyl-clad henchwomen. The possibilities there are ... well hmmm. And you've described some of them in your stories! Fellow readers, for more of this kind of action, see Steve's group "Spy Femme Fatales" in the Links section!