fond memories

  • Kerr Avon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2005
      hello all . when i was growing up, in the seventies mind you, i
      stumbled acroos three of the books. they became my favourites of all
      time in the genre. what i didnt know until i found this group is that
      there were 8 books in the series. and even though it has been many
      nany years since i read the books i now find that i have been hunting
      for them everywhere. with no success at all. here in australia noone
      seems to have even heard of them. i thought i would look to see if
      they were around in e book format somewhere to download. no luck there
      iether. even so i wanted to say how pleased i was to see a group. i
      often thought that she and modesty blaise ( my other favourite and
      suprisingly our family favourite) had a lot in common.

      thank you for the titles listing . the search goes on
      warm regards
      avon
    • a95cam
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        Hello all. Was surprised to find this group as I had not heard
        anything about the Baroness in ages. Also surprisingly, I recently
        heard of a possible movie coming up, starring Sienna Miller. Check
        out the web site Kick Ass Kandy for that news item, plus some cool
        girls who are not unlike the Baroness.

        One passage from one of the books always stuck in my mind, so I guess
        it's a fond memory. I've always imagined how it would look in person,
        or in a movie. Does anyone recall this scene...

        ...the Baroness is fighting a man one-handed because he threw a heavy
        object at her which struck her shoulder and made one arm go limp. She
        gets on top of him and gets her good hand around his throat. While he
        struggles with her arm, she struggles to her knees so that she is
        straddling his chest. He says he wants to talk, so she releases her
        grip, but he immediately tries to sit up and throw her off. So she
        wriggles forward and clamps his neck between her thighs. There
        follows a great description of her looking down at his head between
        her legs, her skirt tucked under his chin, his face turning dark red
        as she slowly squeezes him to death. Very sexy. Does anyone know
        which book this scene was in?
      • hans9henrik
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2008
          The book is Baroness 6- Sonic Slave