Re: [V-Group] v-synth in multi-timberal mode

  • aprim6872
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Damn, it worked great, not if only I could get it to save the layout
      and settings it would be a perfect machine.

      --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "aprim6872" <aprim@a...> wrote:
      > Got it, thanks cnat wait to get home and try it. This synth is
      > amazing.
      >

      > --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "Don Gothard" <gothard@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > > Dose that mean that the V-Synth will only play back midi
      channel
      > 1?
      > > > Now I'm confused, they wy activate all 16 midi channels?
      > > >
      > > No, I was only using channel 1 as an example to help you get
      setup.
      > You can
      > > use any channel you want 1-16. But if you want to play in Multi-
      > Timbral mode
      > > locally from the keyboard each "part" (part1=ch1, part2=ch1,
      > part3=ch1, etc
      > > ) has to have the same midi channel as the keyboard
      > > (Mode->System->Controller->Tx->Patch Tx Ch) . If you want to play
      > > multi-Timbral from an external source such as your computer
      > sequencer, you
      > > can either have each "part" on the same Midi channel for (example
      > part1=ch1,
      > > part2=ch1, Part3=ch1, etc.) --OR-- each part on its own Midi
      channel
      > > (example part1=ch1, part2=ch2, Part3=ch3, etc.). Hope this is
      clear.

      > > Don
    • aprim6872
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
        Ok, now the info button works to changes patchs, but how do you get
        the patch to play a seprate midi channel? When I go to info and
        select the second midi channel, change the program and press a key it
        plays channel 1 and 2. If I trigger it from another controller (mpc
        4000) it plays the part solo. Can the V-Synth do it alone?

        Thanks

        --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "aprim6872" <aprim@a...> wrote:
        > Damn, it worked great, not if only I could get it to save the
        layout
        > and settings it would be a perfect machine.
        >

        > --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "aprim6872" <aprim@a...> wrote:
        > > Got it, thanks cnat wait to get home and try it. This synth is
        > > amazing.
        > >

        > > --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "Don Gothard" <gothard@s...>
        > channel
        > > 1?
        > > > >
        > > > No, I was only using channel 1 as an example to help you get
        > setup.
        > > You can
        > > > use any channel you want 1-16. But if you want to play in Multi-
        > > Timbral mode
        > > > locally from the keyboard each "part" (part1=ch1, part2=ch1,
        > > part3=ch1, etc
        > > > ) has to have the same midi channel as the keyboard
        > > > (Mode->System->Controller->Tx->Patch Tx Ch) . If you want to
        play
        > > > multi-Timbral from an external source such as your computer
        > > sequencer, you
        > > > can either have each "part" on the same Midi channel for
        (example
        > > part1=ch1,
        > > > part2=ch1, Part3=ch1, etc.) --OR-- each part on its own Midi
        > channel
        > > > (example part1=ch1, part2=ch2, Part3=ch3, etc.). Hope this is
        > clear.
        > > >
        > > > Don
      • aprim6872
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
          I check the system menu but unless I'm missing something nothing
          there to can change the way the keyboard on the v-synth will only do
          one at a time. I could be wrong, but I know I went crazy looking last
          night.
          ThANKS

          --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nagle <paul@s...> wrote:
          > On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:12:49 -0000, "aprim6872" <aprim@a...> wrote:
          >
          > >Ok, now the info button works to changes patchs, but how do you
          get
          > >the patch to play a seprate midi channel? When I go to info and
          > >select the second midi channel, change the program and press a key
          it
          > >plays channel 1 and 2. If I trigger it from another controller
          (mpc
          > >4000) it plays the part solo. Can the V-Synth do it alone?
          >
          > Isn;t this in the System menu? Sounds wacky but that's what my
          memory
          > tells me...
          >
          > Paul
        • Paul Nagle
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
              On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:42:22 -0000, "aprim6872" <aprim@...> wrote:

              >I check the system menu but unless I'm missing something nothing
              >there to can change the way the keyboard on the v-synth will only do
              >one at a time. I could be wrong, but I know I went crazy looking last
              >night.

              System/Common/Part MIDI - tis the way to set the channels. You can't
              change the way the keyboard plays more than one at once though - it
              plays part1 unless you route it back into itself via a sequencer etc.

              Paul
            • aprim6872
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                I understand how to enable all the midi channels, then go to the info
                page and change the programs, BUT why can I trigger midi channel 2
                from the V-Synth without hearing midi channel 1?
                Only when I trigger it from the MPC can I hear them solo.
                That dosnt make too much sense. The keyboard should be able to play a
                single midi channel at a time.

                --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nagle <paul@s...> wrote:
                > On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:42:22 -0000, "aprim6872" <aprim@a...> wrote:
                >
                > >I check the system menu but unless I'm missing something nothing
                > >there to can change the way the keyboard on the v-synth will only
                do
                > >one at a time. I could be wrong, but I know I went crazy looking
                last
                > >night.
                >
                > System/Common/Part MIDI - tis the way to set the channels. You can't
                > change the way the keyboard plays more than one at once though - it
                > plays part1 unless you route it back into itself via a sequencer
                etc.

                > Paul
              • Don Gothard
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                  > I understand how to enable all the midi channels, then go to the info
                  > page and change the programs, BUT why can I trigger midi channel 2
                  > from the V-Synth without hearing midi channel 1?
                  > Only when I trigger it from the MPC can I hear them solo.
                  > That dosnt make too much sense. The keyboard should be able to play a
                  > single midi channel at a time.

                  Is this what your looking for, go to Mode->System->Controller and change the
                  Patch TX CH to your midi channel you desire. It is set to RX CH by default
                  which means same as the receive channel I beleive.

                  Don
                • Paul Nagle
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
                    On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:41:52 -0000, "aprim6872" <aprim@...> wrote:

                    >I understand how to enable all the midi channels, then go to the info
                    >page and change the programs, BUT why can I trigger midi channel 2
                    >from the V-Synth without hearing midi channel 1?

                    ?
                    The V-Synth transmits on a single channel.

                    >Only when I trigger it from the MPC can I hear them solo.
                    >That dosnt make too much sense. The keyboard should be able to play a
                    >single midi channel at a time.

                    I don't understand, sorry. The way it works now is quite cool I think
                    and lets you layer parts by setting them to the same channel. If you
                    want to play one part at once, make sure your first part is the only
                    one set to its particular channel.

                    Paul
                  • aprim6872
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003