Re: [The-V-Group] Just bought my VP-9000

  • Stephen E Roe
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      Hi

      I would like to address this, and share with you my experience with the
      Roland VP-9000.
      I also recently purchased this unit, thinking it was something like my
      Akai S5000/ S6000 Samplers. Not So, it does not even Come with in 100
      miles of them. It simply is not a Note Sampler, where you sample a Sound
      and are able to play it across the Keyboard. It was not designed to do
      this.
      What it was designed to do was , work as a Phrase Sampler, a loop Mixer,
      and a Vocal Processor.
      These are the Areas that this Sampler, has the power of a Gray Hound Bus
      to perform.
      If you are in to Music Production, Remixing, or sound design, the VP-9000
      is by far the way to Go.
      I was very disappointed in to VP-9000 in the Beginning, until I learned
      what it did , and how to apply it.
      I also went thru a Learning curb, and I now design Phrases, and chain
      them, and entry them into the SP-808 to complete a Song, than I commit it
      to CD. At this point I am looking at the Roland 1680 HD, for my Studio.

      Would like to hear what others are doing with there VP,S.

      Delta ( 1 ) Recording

      Steve
    • luvmyhonda2
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        Thanks for the reply Steve.
        I guess to load my samples in the VP-9000 and play them as a sampler
        is not possible. Is this what you are saying ??If so I'm screwed..

        I have quite a few old Akia S-1000 CDR's. I was going to add a SCSI
        CD-rom drive to the picture and have a source to play my old samples
        on. I was thinking using like Halion or something with converted
        samples but thought that the easiest way to use these old sounds was
        with a hardware sampler. I don't want to fill my hardrive on the PC
        with a bunch of conversions when I already have the CDR's.
        I figured, Max the RAM, add the CDR on the VP-9000 and play the Akai
        sounds and go. From then anything else the VP9000 could do would just
        be icing on the cake.

        Please tell me I can use it as a stand alone sample playback
        device...!!

        I need this capabilty..

        Thanks

        --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, Stephen E Roe <Sroe5@J...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I would like to address this, and share with you my experience with
        the
        > Roland VP-9000.
        > I also recently purchased this unit, thinking it was something like
        my
        > Akai S5000/ S6000 Samplers. Not So, it does not even Come with in
        100
        > miles of them. It simply is not a Note Sampler, where you sample a
        Sound
        > and are able to play it across the Keyboard. It was not designed to
        do
        > this.
        > What it was designed to do was , work as a Phrase Sampler, a loop
        Mixer,
        > and a Vocal Processor.
        > These are the Areas that this Sampler, has the power of a Gray
        Hound Bus
        > to perform.
        > If you are in to Music Production, Remixing, or sound design, the
        VP-9000
        > is by far the way to Go.
        > I was very disappointed in to VP-9000 in the Beginning, until I
        learned
        > what it did , and how to apply it.
        > I also went thru a Learning curb, and I now design Phrases, and
        chain
        > them, and entry them into the SP-808 to complete a Song, than I
        commit it
        > to CD. At this point I am looking at the Roland 1680 HD, for my
        Studio.

        > Would like to hear what others are doing with there VP,S.
        >
        > Delta ( 1 ) Recording
        >
        > Steve
      • mrdrgreen
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          Hi,

          Steve is absolutely right.

          Too many people mistakenly think that the VP-9000 is a standard
          Sampler [or Sample Player], akin to the Roland XV-5080 and S-series,
          Akai S-5000/6000 and Z-series, etc.

          It is *not*.
          At 6 voices and 8MB per bank (25 secs) it really doesn't compete in
          this area.
          Too many reviews were negative on the VP-9000 because the music
          stores and salepersons, reviewers or owners did *not* understand the
          technology that they were selling or had purchased.
          Because of this, IMHO the VP-9000 suffered a bad rap and poor sales,
          caused by the misinformation of others.
          [At first even zZounds had nothing but negative reviews on it. I was
          amazed to finally see that its review has gone up from about 3/10 to
          8/10].

          Roland marketed the VP-9000 as a Vari-Phrase Processor for use in
          tempo-matching, vocal pitch changing, etc., useful for vocal work,
          remix artists, commercial and ad editing, etc.
          [I still say they should have bundled a decent library with it].

          For its intended purpose, the VP-9000 is a tremendous machine.
          I desired owning one ever since Roland introduced them, knowing
          exactly what they are designed to perform, but found the price a bit
          excessive for my budget.
          As luck [or not] would have it, the market was basically killed by
          false information, lowering the price significantly, allowing me to
          purchased one.
          I have a large project studio (loaded Roland VM-7200 dual processor
          console, multiple XV and JV synths etc.), and the VP-9000 is a very
          worthwhile machine in my arsenal.

          To the original poster of this thread, if you are looking for an
          actual sampler you would be better off purchasing an actual sampler
          (you may find the older Akai S-series, Roland S-series, etc. very
          clumsy in their operation). I do recommend trying to get one of the
          newer generation models.

          However, if 6 voices will suffice for your needs (I don't know what
          else you have in your studio), then the VP-9000 may do the job. The
          features and interface on it are very well designed, and once you
          understand the process, sampling and encoding are easy to do. You
          may also find that its ability to make audio "elastic", might just
          make you want to keep the unit for its cool abilities.
          But I would hate to see you trash Roland or the VP-9000 because the
          unit won't do exactly what you want when it was not in fact designed
          to do so.

          To Steve, where I am located there is not a lot for good musicians or
          vocalists, so I use the VP-9000 along with a few VPZ libraries and a
          bunch of vocal sample libraries to do vocal work on compositions.

          David
          lilchips.com

          --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, Stephen E Roe <Sroe5@J...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I would like to address this, and share with you my experience with
          the
          > Roland VP-9000.
          > I also recently purchased this unit, thinking it was something like
          my
          > Akai S5000/ S6000 Samplers. Not So, it does not even Come with in
          100
          > miles of them. It simply is not a Note Sampler, where you sample a
          Sound
          > and are able to play it across the Keyboard. It was not designed to
          do
          > this.
          > What it was designed to do was , work as a Phrase Sampler, a loop
          Mixer,
          > and a Vocal Processor.
          > These are the Areas that this Sampler, has the power of a Gray
          Hound Bus
          > to perform.
          > If you are in to Music Production, Remixing, or sound design, the
          VP-9000
          > is by far the way to Go.
          > I was very disappointed in to VP-9000 in the Beginning, until I
          learned
          > what it did , and how to apply it.
          > I also went thru a Learning curb, and I now design Phrases, and
          chain
          > them, and entry them into the SP-808 to complete a Song, than I
          commit it
          > to CD. At this point I am looking at the Roland 1680 HD, for my
          Studio.

          > Would like to hear what others are doing with there VP,S.
          >
          > Delta ( 1 ) Recording
          >
          > Steve
        • Stephen E Roe
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            Hi

            I think David put things in Excellent perspective on the VP-9000, I also
            wish that Roland might have provided us with a larger Library to work
            with.

            Steve
          • J-Mac!
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2003
              I agree with you guys, but it doesn't erase the fact that the VP9000 is a BEAST of a
              machine though. I LOVE THIS UNIT!! Had mine for abut a year and a half, and STILL love
              it!

              J-Mac!
              Groove On!

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • mrdrgreen
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2003
                Hi,

                You can use the VP-9000 similarly to a sampler, however, you are
                limited to 6 voices, the VP sample format, plus you will want a hard
                drive or a bunch of Zip disks for the unit since any of your Akai
                samples will have to be imported and encoded as VP.
                It doesn't quite work the same as a conventional sampler with regard
                to multi-samples [partials] and the like, so some "technique" would
                have to be used to play the sounds similarly to a sampler.

                David

                --- In The-V-Group@yahoogroups.com, "luvmyhonda2" <luvmyhonda2@y...>

              • luvmyhonda2
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2003
                  You know I called Roland for the second time today. They basically
                  said I could use as a sample playback but only 6 voice multitimbral.
                  I can live with that fact as I have an old TS-12 taht palys ASR-10
                  stuff. Very limited capacity as 8 meg maxes the RAM. Can't load very
                  many samples with 8 meg of RAM.

                  Back to Roland, Nowhere in our coversation did the Tech rep say I
                  would have to load/convert/save to be able to use the Akai s-1000
                  samples. He just said 6 part only.

                  That's really a pain if I have to buy a SCSI hardrive too. This $500
                  purchase is getting expensive. I already ordered the SCSI CD-rom on
                  line with a SCSI card for my PC for $80. And I bought 4 sticks of 32
                  meg simms on E-bay for I think $40 with shipping. So now I'm into
                  this $620 not including my S-1000 CDR's. I can return the VP-9000 if
                  I want, the ram will be impossible unless it's DOA and the CD-rom was
                  an on-line purchase. Proably cost me to ship back if it's dead.
                  Didn't check with the guy if I just decided to return.

                  Whay can't I just load the samples from the Akia CDr's each time I
                  want to use them. Why do I have to convert to VP-9000.

                  Thanks again in advancd for the assistance.

                  Regards,
                  Vic

                • ecurbpublishing
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 3, 2003
                    I believe that everything you've just purchased was for a good cause. Don't get so bent out of shape. The conversion process is a piece of cake. As long as you have your SCSI CD-rom  drive, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Probaby the most difficult part of this whole process, is getting familiar with all of the new equipment. Once you understand how everything works, you're gonna' fly right thru the whole process. Trial & error, and some patience is required when learning new equipment. The VP is an extremely sophisticated piece of equipment, so it's not the easiest piece of equipment to learn -- AT FIRST! But once you learn all of the in's & out's, you'll begin to see it's true value. Right now, I use it mainly for my drum samples. And with a little fine tuning and tweaking here & there, I can make the kicks & the snares explode thru the speakers, which definitely beefs up my mixes. I can make wimpy sounding samples (volume & tonewise) kind of come alive with this thing. Actually get them to have some punch & life to them. No, I would say you've made some good investments. Now all you need to do is put in the time to get acquainted with your new gear. That's what usually kills us all....TIME. And I guarantee you, you're gonna' need time. But as long as you utilize your manuals, and pick up tips from the V-Group, you should come out smellin' like a rose. Good luck!

                    ibanez468

                    PS--Regardless of specs on the VP, don't underestimate it's power. You'll be able to load a good deal of samples into the VP with
                          the extra RAM you've purchased. And you'll also learn that you'll be able to get multiple samples out one loaded sample (say
                          for instance a drum beat of 1 or 2 measures) The VP will break up each individual sound of the drum beat and they'll be
                          assigned to different keys on your keyboard(when you use the MAPPING function). So, learn well!
> [...]

                    > > Mixer,
                    > > > and a Vocal Processor.
                    > > > These are the Areas that this Sampler, has the power of a Gray
                    > > Hound Bus
                    > > > to perform.
                    > > > If you are in to Music Production, Remixing, or sound design,
                    the
                    > > VP-9000
                    > > > is by far the way to Go.
                    > > > I was very disappointed in to VP-9000 in the Beginning, until I
                    > > learned
                    > > > what it did , and how to apply it.
                    > > > I also went thru a Learning curb, and I now design Phrases, and
                    > > chain
                    > > > them, and entry them into the SP-808 to complete a Song, than I
                    > > commit it
                    > > > to CD. At this point I am looking at the Roland 1680 HD, for my
                    > > Studio.
                    > > >
                    > > > Would like to hear what others are doing with there VP,S.

                  • mrdrgreen
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 3, 2003
                      Hi,

                      Checking out what is required [with groups like this] before an item
                      is purchased is always a good idea.

                      The VP-9000 divides its RAM into 8MB chunks, so the largest sample
                      you will be able to load is about 25 seconds.
                      You can load more samples in though, up to the installed RAM amount,
                      and even map them across keys, etc.

                      The 6 Voices/6 Parts may or may not be a limitation depending on what
                      you are doing.

                      The built-in effects will be a definite plus.

                      You *will* have to encode everything you import into VP format,
                      irregardless of whether you decide not to save the final encoded data.
                      The VP-9000 doesn't work with raw data, it works with variphrase
                      encoded data. That's how it gets its "elastic audio" abilities, with
                      specially encoded data.
                      That is why I recommend a hard drive or at least getting some Zip
                      disks to save your samples onto. Especially if you spend the time
                      editing samples that you import, otherwise that time is wasted if you
                      just delete the final product. A 2GB drive should only be about $30
                      on eBay. You will spend much more than that on a 10-box of Zip-250s.
                      Otherwise every time you wish to use a sample, you will have to
                      import and encode it...

                      wrote:
                      > You know I called Roland for the second time today. They basically
                      > said I could use as a sample playback but only 6 voice
                      multitimbral.
                      > I can live with that fact as I have an old TS-12 taht palys ASR-10
                      > stuff. Very limited capacity as 8 meg maxes the RAM. Can't load
                      very
                      > many samples with 8 meg of RAM.
                      >
                      > Back to Roland, Nowhere in our coversation did the Tech rep say I
                      > would have to load/convert/save to be able to use the Akai s-1000
                      > samples. He just said 6 part only.
                      >
                      > That's really a pain if I have to buy a SCSI hardrive too. This
                      $500
                      > purchase is getting expensive. I already ordered the SCSI CD-rom on
                      > line with a SCSI card for my PC for $80. And I bought 4 sticks of
                      32
                      > meg simms on E-bay for I think $40 with shipping. So now I'm into
                      > this $620 not including my S-1000 CDR's. I can return the VP-9000
                      if
                      > I want, the ram will be impossible unless it's DOA and the CD-rom
                      was
                      > an on-line purchase. Proably cost me to ship back if it's dead.
                      > Didn't check with the guy if I just decided to return.
                      >
                      > Whay can't I just load the samples from the Akia CDr's each time I
                      > want to use them. Why do I have to convert to VP-9000.
                      >
                      > Thanks again in advancd for the assistance.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Vic
                    • luvmyhonda2
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 3, 2003
                        David,
                        I can't argue that research before purchase is always a good idea.
                        All I know is that I loved what I heard about the VP-9000 when it was
                        introduced. The fact that it was only $500 made it all the more
                        appealing.
                        I have been tinkering with the CD-r that came with the unit. Loaded
                        with a bunch of "encoded" phrases and a buch of raw waves I believe
                        too. I do have to say that the reverb is quite good when applied to
                        the samples. Overall the sound quality of the VP is excellent. I
                        think I just need to read the book and experiment.

                        I do appreciate the info you have provided. I will try the V-producer
                        out as well. Maybe I can exchange the SCSI CD-Rom drive for a hard
                        drive. I have a CD-drive allready connected to my TS-12. Don't know
                        if the VP-9000 and the TS-12 will like each other on the same SCSI
                        chain. May just be better to buy the Hard Drive, keep the 2nd CD-rom
                        drive and keep both SCSI chains separate.

                        Any idea if the internal Zip drive is available via SCSI. I ask
                        because I'm thinking use V-prducer and then save to the internal zip
                        drive. I don't even know if that makes sense. At that point, I would
                        assume I have to load the V-producer files to the VP-9000 and then
                        save to the internal Zip drive from the VP-9000 and not from V-
                        producer.
                        Anyone know of a Roland instruction Video made for this thing. If so,
                        can you paost more info here.

                        Let me dig into this thing deeper and learn. Fortuantely I have a few
                        Zip 250 disks so I can at least save the work I'm doing.

                        Later and Thanks again for the info.

                      • mrdrgreen
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 5, 2003
                          Hi Vic,

                          The VP-9000 is an excellent unit.
                          As mentioned though, it is not exactly the same as a conventional
                          sampler.
                          That said, it's extra features do put it into a class of its own.
                          One feature that you can exploit at times is the fact that
                          conventional samplers many times use multisamples, and you can at
                          times get away without that on the VP.

                          The effects on the unit are great. That is one thing that you get on
                          very few other samplers, especially at that price.

                          You should be able to share the CD drive with both units, however,
                          SCSI termination will most likely have to be adjusted.
                          Also, the TS-12 would have to be powered on while using the VP-9000,
                          and you would have to make sure that you didn't try to access the CD
                          at the same time from both units.
                          You may wish to keep separate drives between them because of this.

                          The internal Zip-250 drive is connected to the VP via an internal
                          EIDE/ATAPI controller. It is totally separate from the SCSI bus.
                          That is one of the additional reasons for the VP's original high
                          price, dual drive controllers (IDE and SCSI).

                          David
                          lilchips.com

                          wrote:
                          > David,
                          > I can't argue that research before purchase is always a good idea.
                          > All I know is that I loved what I heard about the VP-9000 when it
                          was
                          > introduced. The fact that it was only $500 made it all the more
                          > appealing.
                          > I have been tinkering with the CD-r that came with the unit. Loaded
                          > with a bunch of "encoded" phrases and a buch of raw waves I believe
                          > too. I do have to say that the reverb is quite good when applied to
                          > the samples. Overall the sound quality of the VP is excellent. I
                          > think I just need to read the book and experiment.
                          >
                          > I do appreciate the info you have provided. I will try the V-
                          producer
                          > out as well. Maybe I can exchange the SCSI CD-Rom drive for a hard
                          > drive. I have a CD-drive allready connected to my TS-12. Don't know
                          > if the VP-9000 and the TS-12 will like each other on the same SCSI
                          > chain. May just be better to buy the Hard Drive, keep the 2nd CD-
                          rom
                          > drive and keep both SCSI chains separate.
                          >
                          > Any idea if the internal Zip drive is available via SCSI. I ask
                          > because I'm thinking use V-prducer and then save to the internal
                          zip
                          > drive. I don't even know if that makes sense. At that point, I
                          would
                          > assume I have to load the V-producer files to the VP-9000 and then
                          > save to the internal Zip drive from the VP-9000 and not from V-
                          > producer.
                          > Anyone know of a Roland instruction Video made for this thing. If
                          so,
                          > can you paost more info here.
                          >
                          > Let me dig into this thing deeper and learn. Fortuantely I have a
                          few
                          > Zip 250 disks so I can at least save the work I'm doing.
                          >
                          > Later and Thanks again for the info.
                          > Vic
                        • luvmyhonda2
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 5, 2003
                            David,
                            Thanks again for the information on the VP-9000. I really want to
                            learn how to use this thing. I did find an Internet music store that
                            sells the instruction Video. I wonder when they will start making
                            these instruction videos in DVD. I don't have a VCR in my project
                            studio. I think most of us nowdays have DVD playback capabilty in our
                            PC's. That would make too much sense to make the instruction videos
                            in DVD format. Oh well, Guess you can't have everthing you want.

                            By the way, I'm very happy to see you out here. I really miss seeing
                            your Roland info on your lilchips Web site. I believe last time I
                            went out to your site, you had stated that most of the information
                            that was taken down is basically gone. If that's true, that's a
                            shame. Your site was very well layed out and the patches and tips you
                            shared for the Roland products were quite excellent. I believe you
                            said you could not get any support from Roland to help the cost out
                            of storage. Makes sense to me, someone has to pay for storage and web
                            space.

                            To that end, I wanted to ask you a question: I started a users group
                            for the old JD-990 on Yahoo. I'd love to host some of your old
                            information and patches for the 990. The only set I managed to
                            download before you pulled the info was for the Vintage board for
                            990. You had 2 or 3 other sets that I never got a hold of. E-mail me
                            at luvmyhonda2@... if you are interested in sharing any info
                            for the 990. I have about 27 memebers on the site. It would be great
                            to breathe some life into that old wonderful Synth. I would be very
                            happy to post any/all info you have available for the 990.

                            Hopefully, I'm not ousteping the moderators rules here. If so, I'm
                            sorry.. It's just very hard to get any info on a 10 yr old synth
                            other than what's already public.
                            Anyway, here's the link to my JD-990 users group.

                            Moderator, if you do not want to post this message, I understand.

                            David, Thanks in advance for your consideration...

                          • mrdrgreen
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 6, 2003
                              Hi Vic,

                              The instructional video is pretty good.
                              I also would like to see these things either on DVD or VideoCD.
                              It would be great to be able to play it on your PC in the studio.

                              You can find the old site at:

                              www.lilchips.com/oldsite

                              I had enough requests for the old pages that I put an unadvertised
                              link back to it. The information there is old enough now that the
                              traffic is reasonably low.
                              I was receiving about a million hits per year before, which totally
                              overloaded my old hardware and fractional-T1 at the time. As
                              mentioned, I was unable to get any help funding it from anyone.

                              David
                              lilchips.com

                              wrote:
                              > David,
                              > Thanks again for the information on the VP-9000. I really want to
                              > learn how to use this thing. I did find an Internet music store
                              that
                              > sells the instruction Video. I wonder when they will start making
                              > these instruction videos in DVD. I don't have a VCR in my project
                              > studio. I think most of us nowdays have DVD playback capabilty in
                              our
                              > PC's. That would make too much sense to make the instruction videos
                              > in DVD format. Oh well, Guess you can't have everthing you want.
                              >
                              > By the way, I'm very happy to see you out here. I really miss
                              seeing
                              > your Roland info on your lilchips Web site. I believe last time I
                              > went out to your site, you had stated that most of the information
                              > that was taken down is basically gone. If that's true, that's a
                              > shame. Your site was very well layed out and the patches and tips
                              you
                              > shared for the Roland products were quite excellent. I believe you
                              > said you could not get any support from Roland to help the cost out
                              > of storage. Makes sense to me, someone has to pay for storage and
                              web
                              > space.
                              >
                              > To that end, I wanted to ask you a question: I started a users
                              group
                              > for the old JD-990 on Yahoo. I'd love to host some of your old
                              > information and patches for the 990. The only set I managed to
                              > download before you pulled the info was for the Vintage board for
                              > 990. You had 2 or 3 other sets that I never got a hold of. E-mail
                              me
                              > at luvmyhonda2@y... if you are interested in sharing any info
                              > for the 990. I have about 27 memebers on the site. It would be
                              great
                              > to breathe some life into that old wonderful Synth. I would be very
                              > happy to post any/all info you have available for the 990.
                              >
                              > Hopefully, I'm not ousteping the moderators rules here. If so, I'm
                              > sorry.. It's just very hard to get any info on a 10 yr old synth
                              > other than what's already public.
                              > Anyway, here's the link to my JD-990 users group.

                              > Moderator, if you do not want to post this message, I understand.
                              >
                              > David, Thanks in advance for your consideration...
                              > Regards,
                              > Vic
                            • luvmyhonda2
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 6, 2003
                                Thanks again David,
                                That's great news..
                                Do you mind if I post your link on my users group ? If possible, I'd
                                also like to put the patches and such in my file area. Are you OK
                                with this ? Please advice.
                                Regards,
                                Vic

                                P.S. I went to the old site and could not find the patches for the JD-
                                990. You originally had I believe 3 bank sets. One for the Vintage
                                Synth, 1 for the orchestral board and one I believe for world board.
                                As I only had the Vintage syth board at the time (Probably 2000), I
                                had only saved that bank. Do you still have those out there ? Maybe
                                they are on the old site page, I just didn't see them. If you could
                                let me know or shoot me a link to those patch banks, I'd really
                                apreciate it.

                              • mrdrgreen
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 7, 2003
                                  Hi Vic,

                                  Sure, no problem on linking and grabbing the patches and any other
                                  files.
                                  I'll have to take a look at the files, but I believe the ones you
                                  mean are the JV/XP Patch sets at:
                                  http://www.lilchips.com/oldsite/roland/libraries.asp

                                  wrote:
> [...]
                                  > > > 990. You had 2 or 3 other sets that I never got a hold of. E-
                                  mail
                                  > > me
                                  > > > at luvmyhonda2@y... if you are interested in sharing any info
                                  > > > for the 990. I have about 27 memebers on the site. It would be
                                  > > great
                                  > > > to breathe some life into that old wonderful Synth. I would be
                                  > very
                                  > > > happy to post any/all info you have available for the 990.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Hopefully, I'm not ousteping the moderators rules here. If so,
                                  > I'm
                                  > > > sorry.. It's just very hard to get any info on a 10 yr old
                                  synth
                                  > > > other than what's already public.
                                  > > > Anyway, here's the link to my JD-990 users group.

                                  > > > Moderator, if you do not want to post this message, I
                                  understand.

                                  > > > David, Thanks in advance for your consideration...
                                • luvmyhonda2
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 7, 2003
                                    Thanks David,

                                    Check out the group if you have a chance. Would be great if you could
                                    join in. We could use some support of someone like your self out
                                    there.
                                    Do let me know what you come up with on the JD patches. I didn't see
                                    those 3 sets when I looked.

                                    Talk to you later,