Roland VariOS and the VC-1 (D50) editor on MacOS/Intel

  • Mark Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2007
      Hello,

      First time posting and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

      I like my VariOS but have become rather frustrated even to the point
      of considering selling it....

      The problem is that I find the VC-1 editor rather useless. I am using
      a MacBook Pro and often it crashes, sometimes while idle at other
      times as soon as I edit a parameter. When it does work, it seems
      rather difficult to navigate when I want to create my own patches.

      Does anyone know of any other editors that will work???

      Considering that it is suppose to be emulating a D-50 will a D-50
      editor (via MIDI) work with it???? Anyone tried it?

      Any other known options available for an Intel Mac?

      I tried installing the Roland USB driver in Windows Vista (running in
      Parallels Desktop on the Mac) and the Windows VariOS software
      (VariOS-8 and 303) and V-Producer but the USB functions have to be
      corrected as they are not working right now. I'll troubleshoot that
      later.